cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

I used to be able to add insurance after the shipping label was printed. It looks like that's no longer an option and the insurance purchase is tied to the postage purchase. 

I can void the label and reprint but I'm hoping there's another option. Is there another way to add insurance? 

VintageCarMagazines

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Insurance

You can take the item to the Post Office, & have them add a separate insurance label.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

not that I know of............seems like USPS insurance would be tied to the label, never tried to do it after printing..........don't know about ship cover (name?)......seems like that could be gotten later? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I don't think so.  You have to add/buy the insurance, when you are in the process of buying the label.  Btw, if you are going to ship it by Priority Mail, and buy your label from ebay, you are cover for $100.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You can take the item to the Post Office, & have them add a separate insurance label.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@aeparts1 wrote:

Thanks. 

Sometimes the easy solutions are elusive.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

They won’t do this if the postage was purchased online.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply