cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing BUYER fraud in light of COVID (ebay's lack of support)

I've now heard from several sellers they're having issues with buyers, and as of this morning I am now a victim myself.

The package was clearly delivered according to USPS tracking, but the buyer is claiming it was not delivered. In the past this was a quick, simple open/shut case, but now with the limited support at ebay...who knows?

Anyone else??? Yet another reason to stop selling on ebay?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Increasing BUYER fraud in light of COVID (ebay's lack of support)

If you are hearing from several sellers about buyer issues it may benefit not read reading the boards as most everyone who post here has problems. Remember it is a small minority of sellers as there are thousands upon thousands that have no problems. Quitting because someone said they did not receive a package IMO is a big mistake. Also you still have the same support you always had before the pandemic. Enter the tracking number into the buyer dispute showing the item was delivered and you will be fine.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Speaking only for myself, I think 🤔 many people’s nerves are shot.  Mine certainly are with this pandemic! 

Best not to do anything hasty!

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

you may be getting silence from ebay help,maybe you did not try.It does not really natter if you have DC,you will win the case if you have it,it may get ignored for a while but if you have DC for the address you are golden.You may not feel like a winner today but I am sure you will prevail in this.the outcome may not happen today but it will get closed eventually..things that disappear after delivery are not usually a problem

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I guess I've officially snapped...after about 15 years of selling on ebay (under several accounts) and in light of the economy, COVID, buyer dishonesty, "the buyer's always right" attitude at ebay, chinese powersellers listings taking center stage, increasing fees, etc etc etc...I'm finally jumping ship and going local...Yeah, I know, boohoo for me...fair-the-well
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Exactly!!! Most people come to these boards to vent, not all, but many.

If a person mentions covid-19 as an excuse for their incompetence, such as many have/are, big and small, online or B&M stores, then just blackball them.  That's what I've started doing and letting friends and family know who or what stores they are.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Shown delivered is no proof of delivery, you know better than that. I had a FedEx delivery go missing last week. I got my neighbors package and who knows where mine went.

There are tons of fill in mail carriers right now some of whom don’t care where the package goes. The day a week my sister has a fill in carrier she never gets mail even though it is marked delivered. She gets it the next day when the regular carrier comes back.

i had no mail delivery on Tuesday even though the post office has a standing order to pick up my packages. Stop assuming some fill in mail carrier is more honest than your buyer and at least give them some benefit of doubt.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

If a person mentions covid-19 as an excuse for their incompetence, such as many have/are, big and small, online or B&M stores, then just blackball them.  That's what I've started doing and letting friends and family know who or what stores  variety nook 

Speaking of excuses . We seen an episode of COPS  where they showed up at a house  with a warrant . The homeowner  told them they couldn't come in because they had the Covid virus .  Tulips 

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Are you aware that, if the buyer opens an item not received case,you simply upload the tracking number to that case?

Why would this be a major problem with sellers if they have tracking? 

This has been discussed here multiple times:  The main reason that a seller uses tracking is to have support if/when any buyer opens an INR case.  If you do not use tracking and the buyer opens a case, then you will lose.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

For whatever reason,  eBay is full of buyers (And sellers)  trying to work the system and take advantage.    I just had it happen to me on a $14.99 set of stamps.   

It's always been this way.     It's impossible to weed out all the bad apples in advance.    

"I'm sorry you've not received that item.    I'm afraid you've mixed me up with another seller as USPS delivery confirmation shows delivery of the item I sent at the address you provided, Thank for your business"

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I just had one of these. It was a $300 jacket. I paid for signature delivery. I sent eBay a message, also added the tracking to the case, and within 2 days eBay closed the case. I also reported the buyer and blocked them. The detailed tracking from USPS clearly showed a signature and it also stated that the buyer was the one who accepted the delivery. As long as you have the tracking, you are fine.
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

If the tracking states that the item was delivered, as far as the seller is concerned, it has been delivered. At that point it is up to the buyer to contact the shipper and figure out what happened. I have no control over what happens to the package once I drop it off at the post office. THe seller cannot reasonably be held responsible for packages that are declared lost when the tracking and or signature confirmation shows delivered.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

You are wrong, this is an extremely wide spread problem with Ebay. Ebay is preventing the Covid-19 pandemic from effecting their bottom line by forcing Sellers to refund buyers on items that are taking too long to arrive. Even if the item is shipped with eBay's International Shipping service, which is then eBay's responsibility they are still forcing sellers to refund. There are a number of sellers looking into legal options as this is possibly illegal. 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Due to Covid-19 many tracking numbers  are no longer functional. Anybody doing a lot of international sales or purchases is aware of this.  

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@dhansen707 

IMO anyone shipping internationally needs to wake up and shift their strategy right now and not blame Ebay.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply