cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS THIS A SCAM OR LEGIT UPCOMING POWERSELLER CHANGES BY EBAY?

Dear awl

As a PowerSeller, you’re one of eBay’s most trusted and valued sellers.

While the PowerSeller program is part of eBay’s heritage and has provided a meaningful badge for sellers, it now exists alongside eBay’s Top Rated Seller program.

Because the Top Rated Seller program offers more meaningful seller recognition as well as a wider set of benefits, we have made the decision to simplify our seller programs and retire the PowerSeller program and badge as of June 20, 2021. It’s been inspiring to see how PowerSellers have shaped eBay since the launch of the program more than 20 years ago and we now encourage you to continue your eBay journey as a part of the Top Rated Seller program. Learn more about what it means to be A TOP RATED SELLER

So that you don’t lose the benefits of being a PowerSeller, starting June 20, your 7 calendar day grace period for negative and neutral feedback will now be included in the Top Rated Seller program.

In recognition of your contribution as a PowerSeller, we have created a special certificate which you can personalize and download

Thank you for being one of eBay’s most active and long-standing sellers, and for contributing to our heritage. We look forward to supporting you as you continue to represent the best of selling on eBay through the Top Rated Seller program.

Your eBay Team

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: IS THIS A SCAM OR LEGIT UPCOMING POWERSELLER CHANGES BY EBAY?

I am a "powerseller" and I have no idea what benefits there are besides seeing a icon THAT ONLY I CAN SEE - LOL!!! 

😂

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@awlio.bao9x5ipa How exactly would this be a scam? 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

After researching more about it I finally came to the conclusion that it is a legit message to all Ebay Power Sellers. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

But...but...but... NOW you have the opportunity to print out your very own self-congratulatory certificate!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, eBay.  I am incredibly underwhelmed!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Me too Scout! Can someone please tell me what does a 7 day grace period for neg or neutrl feedback mean??? I've never heard of this one.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I’m not sure why they didn’t do away with the name a long time ago, but it has changed into Top Rated Seller. For me I was wondering if I’m a power seller or a top rated seller, or a power top rated seller. Now I know. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

"..I have no idea what benefits there are .."

The 7 day feedback grace period was an actual benefit, glad to see they will extend it to TRS.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

OK could you please tell me what it means?

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

It means that a buyer cannot leave a negative or neutral rating within 7 days after the transaction.

Basically it's a cooling-off period. To encourage communication and hopefully coming to a resolution that's better than a bad feedback rating.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

It means nothing, it’s a program that has been phased out along time ago. And they just now phase the name out. Keep  doing what you’re doing. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I am also being Retired as a Power Seller.  What good is the certificate?  I just don't want to waste a good piece of paper on something that means nothing.  I am Happy to finally know I was a Power Seller.  Thanks

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

At one point it did mean something; being a "power seller" was based on sales volume. Higher tiers qualified you for better customer service in regards to when you needed to contact eBay. You can sell a few things a month and qualify for Top-Rated, you had to consistently push volume to be both a top rated AND power seller. The distinguishing mark was in being both, maybe buyers could see the badges, maybe they couldn't, be it used to mean something to eBay because they would rank sellers by Power Seller level. When I was a platinum power seller and had more than $300,000 in sales you can bet I got through to a CSR member much quicker than I would ever dream of today. Diamond sellers like Buy, Newegg, Toys-R-Us used to get the feedback scrubbed.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I'm glad I was able to help someone. Thank you

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

If it benefits eBay or eBay buyers then they will do it. Power seller is just something they call you. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply