cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS tax reporting threshhold

Super happy here about the delay in the $600 or one transaction required reporting to IRS.  I didn't make a million dollars, but I'm sure glad about this.  Maybe it will go away altogether in 2023!  This is going to be a very good year !

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: IRS tax reporting threshhold

A lot of the tax cheats are happy about it.

Even though you don't receive a 1099K, you still have to report your income, that hasn't changed.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

The delay affects only entities that are/were required to issue Forms 1099-K to individuals. There is no change whatsoever for individual taxpayers; i.e., eBay sellers. The reporting requirements are exactly the same as always.

Are you an entity that issues Forms 1099-K to individuals?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@laura52497 wrote:

Super happy here about the delay in the $600 or one transaction required reporting to IRS.  I didn't make a million dollars, but I'm sure glad about this.  Maybe it will go away altogether in 2023!  This is going to be a very good year !

You do know that regardless of the issuance of the 1099 or not you are still required to report your income from ebay sales, right? 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

A lot of the tax cheats are happy about it.

Even though you don't receive a 1099K, you still have to report your income, that hasn't changed.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Oh,yes! I'm aware I must report all income to the IRS

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes, good way of putting it. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

No, I don't issue 1099s.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

When I file my taxes every April (or earlier for me actually) I'm legally reporting my FAIR share owed to the gov't from my wages and THEN some. 

When you refer to folks like myself as 'tax cheats' you're pretty much putting us in with others who are guilty of tax evasion!  In a nutshell, for example, the governor of my state is a businessman first, politician second. His goal was to reinforce the rainy day fund w/o resorting to raising taxes... it's that simple. Some are politicians first, businessmen second so they want to burden the taxpayer to grow the pot and then spend, spend, spend... causing a a dysfunctional economic system which ripples across the land.

I can sit here and try to convey how the gov't should not over reach to drain my savings because it's imperative for them to spend my money before they even get it. A responsible democracy ultimately & ideally consists of officials who represent the citizens' concerns & ideas, so in essence.. a gov't can still function efficiently through compromise and that would entail keeping the burden off of taxpayers without absurd strongarm tactics. Someone commented & blatantly summarized it.. the reporting delay affects entities required to issue 1099-K's.. no changes to individual taxpayers (ebay sellers)!

You're inevitably going to respond to my comments, my thoughts, my feelings of where I stand on this subject (and I'm darn sure others will agree) so go right ahead.. you're free to spout.

Thanks!!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

🤣 ... Does the gov't need to tap into every individual personal reserve? I mean think about it.. it ultimately comes down to 'tax & spend' for some politicians.

There are politicians and then there are politicians who think like businessmen and that type has the wherewithal to refrain from increasing taxes because the less you tax the less you spend, you know that right??!! 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

You're spot on. 👌

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Old thread January 2023

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply