cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking users and offers

Something I noticed is, if a buyer is watching something of yours, but you've blocked them (for making extremely low offers) - if they continue to watch the item and others start watching it too... It means you can't send ANY of them an offer. When you try it says "you can't send an offer to someone on your blocked list".

So the functionality needs to change. If you block a buyer, they should be automatically removed from the watchers list.

At the moment you have to unblock, send the offer out to every other watcher and wait.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Don't forget to put that buyer back on your BBL or they will watch items and buy from you again. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Very interesting and alarming! How did you figure this out?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The OP said they noticed that when they sent offers to interested buyers a message popped up saying offers cant be sent to blocked buyers. That's how the OP figured it out. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

How do you know the other new watchers didn't get the offer?

I always thought the offers went to everyone watching except for a BBL buyer.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yes, this is exactly what I thought as well.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Why block someone just because they made a low offer? What harm was done?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

While I cannot speak for myself, when very low offers come in and are rejected by the seller there is a greater possibility of the buyer buying at the higher price and then doing something not so nice...such as... filing an NAD... to then get a partial or whole refund depending on how the seller handles the complaint. In addition, sometimes the buyer is nice enough to leave red feedback for the seller about the high price.

Things like this have been posted on this board for a long, long time. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@aeparts1 wrote:

Why block someone just because they made a low offer? What harm was done?

No kidding. I'm always happy to get any offer regardless of how low it is because it does zero harm, it takes no time off my hands, and it's good to know someone has an interest in it. Even for the ones who offer next to nothing I get a kick out them because I guess I secretly admire anyone who doesn't worry about what anyone thinks of them if they were to offer $20 for an item worth $100.  Plus it always makes me wonder if perhaps they do it because once in a while their lowball offer gets accepted. Maybe the OP feels insulted by an offer that's too low. Hard to say.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@annemann-2009 wrote:

So the functionality needs to change. If you block a buyer, they should be automatically removed from the watchers list.

Why do you care if someone watches or looks at your item? They can't bid or buy it so they won't be bothering you.

An added benefit is that you can get the satisfaction of knowing that someone who might like your item but is a PITA can't buy it.

For the record, I don't think the message for a SIO refers to the member being blocked. It just states something to the effect of offers not being able to be sent to all. (Keep in mind that some of the watchers may have their preferences set to block offers. When you try to send an offer to someone who doesn't want offers, you'll get a message to that effect.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I was wondering if someone on your bbl could follow an item and asked that on here months ago. Finally, an answer. Good to know. Thanks! 

Ebay should add that as an option to the bbl, the same as they can't contact you.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply