cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR - Can't enter tracking. Is this something new?

Have an INR open where it says delivered on the tracking but buyer claims they didn't get it. As per usual I have the option of entering the tracking number but when I get to that screen it says "tracking number cannot be altered once delivered".

The usual thing is to HAVE to enter the tracking # even though it's in the system already.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I noticed a similar thing too.  I posed about it here...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Is-there-a-new-procedure-for-INRs/td-p/34107081

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sounds like there might be a mistake in the tracking number you are trying to enter.......  If you copied and are trying to paste....be sure none of the numbers were dropped off......

Not sure if the # is the problem or if you don't have to enter the #????  I think ebay has said it's not necessary to enter it, if it is already entered and showing .......but I think most of do enter it, just because we've had to in the past........

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Nope. I couldn't even enter a tracking # The field is greyed out.

Also noticed the buyer message on the dispute showed up as a message in my inbox. That has never happened before either. I can usually only see the messages in the actual dispute.

INR.jpg

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I had one of those, and you cannot upload tracking because it is already there. If you bought eBay labels it was automatic. 

What frosts me about my INR is I was protected, as I had tracking which proved delivery. However ebay refunded the buyer anyway out of “ebay funds”. So she got a really nice tote for free. Wrong. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I had one recently - and yes, the tracking was grayed out.  At the bottom, you should see a blue "save and continue" button.  Click on it and it will upload - I believe it then states something like... thank you, we'll let the buyer know you updated tracking... or something like that.

I did that, as well as respond in the request.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply