cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish a Mod Could Help Me Out With This One - Feedback Revision Request Gone Awry

400954879_7585377884811268_1454530600522089169_n.jpg

Sold something beginning of October.  Yesterday I got a neutral feedback.  1400+ positive feedbacks only in the past year and this one gets dropped on me.  So what do I do?  I send the customer a 50% refund because he is keeping the item, and send the Revision Request link.  I also send him a kind and curtious follow up message apologizing and asking him to respond to the revision request link that was sent to his inbox.  He says, wow - thank you - sure thing - and replies to his own neurtral feedback.  I asked Ebay for Biz on FB and they wouldn't help me.  How do I get this removed?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I wish a Mod Could Help Me Out With This One - Feedback Revision Request Gone Awry

Then you might just have to live with it. We've all been there. Overall the buyer gave a positive review in the end. As a buyer it would not deter me from shopping in your store.

If you want to try to get it removed, go to seller help and check the reason 'buyer error' then in the comments explain the buyer wanted to change the review but had trouble with the revision request you sent.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

I wouldn't count on a removal, but if you've never requested one before they might do it just as a courtesy.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I don't think you can get it removed, but you can go back to the buyer and thank them for the reply to FB, then let them know that's not the same as revising the original FB - that they would have received a message from eBay with a link to click to change their original FB comment/rating if they're still willing.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@wastingtime101 I did do that last night.  they said they would in the morning, but they still haven't.  I think it is an older person that might not know how to check on their messages from ebay tab.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Then you might just have to live with it. We've all been there. Overall the buyer gave a positive review in the end. As a buyer it would not deter me from shopping in your store.

If you want to try to get it removed, go to seller help and check the reason 'buyer error' then in the comments explain the buyer wanted to change the review but had trouble with the revision request you sent.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

I wouldn't count on a removal, but if you've never requested one before they might do it just as a courtesy.

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I've read in the past,   When a FB gets a reply,  The revison window closes.   

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

I have no idea about a FB revision request being deactivated if the buyer leaves a reply to FB instead of going through the revision request. It doesn't sound right. Is that how it works kyle@ebay ?

There is a long-standing myth that replying to FB means CS cannot remove it. That's not true - never has been. Could that be what you're thinking of @dirk12955 ?

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@wastingtime101 I couldn't find buyer error, but this is what i just did:

wheredidiputthatremote_0-1699638986225.png

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Read the option you selected. It says "buyer error" at the end of the parentheses. 🙂

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@wheredidiputthatremote wrote:

they said they would in the morning, but they still haven't.

Keep in mind it's only 10am on the west coast.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@wastingtime101 he's in South Carolina. I think Mr. @dirk12955 is correct.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@wastingtime101 sorry, was speed reading because I've been in panic mode

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Don't panic! It's just a neutral with an overall positive vibe. Never live in fear of the neg or neut. You can't please everyone - and in this case it appears your buyer was satisfied.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@wheredidiputthatremote 

-I have a Neutral in its final 6 months before rolling off the main FB history page and getting buried.  The item arrived damaged, nothing major and easily fixed.  The Buyer messaged me with pictures and I replied with these options:

-I offer 30 day Free returns - return it for a full refund (I would make the repair and relist noting the repair and it would sell again)

-Accept a partial refund for an amount that is agreeable to both of us.

The next thing that happened was they left Neutral FB "Item was broken when it arrived. Will negotiate with sselker on repair costs"  

Ignore their spelling error but I messaged them one more time to pursue the issue but never heard from them ... a month later I sent an FB Revision from, no reply.  Then just before the 60 FB window closed I Replied to their FB ...

In the end my issue with their FB was that left the FB right in the middle of trying to work out a solution.  I also thought it was odd that they just went silent, like maybe something happened, who knows.

If you sell long enough you will most likely get less than Positive FB ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@wastingtime101 a neut killed my 1400+ pos streak 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@dirk12955 wrote:

I have no idea about a FB revision request being deactivated if the buyer leaves a reply to FB instead of going through the revision request. It doesn't sound right. Is that how it works kyle@ebay ?

There is a long-standing myth that replying to FB means CS cannot remove it. That's not true - never has been. Could that be what you're thinking of @dirk12955 ?

It's more of a misunderstanding rather than a myth (although that is what has turned into).

If a seller receives a slammer of a neg but since it doesn't qualify for removal under the standard policies they need to appeal one on one to an eBay csr. If they have already posted an over the top reply, perhaps worse than the original feedback it isn't going to inspire the csr to be co-operative and do a removal.

If the feedback is an obvious policy violation things can be different.

Bottom line, eBay wants sellers to behave like adults not like children.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply