cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I just figured out a reason why more buyers don't leave feedback

Ebay is messaging me to leave feedback on two items that haven't even been delivered yet.

No wonder more buyers don't leave feedback. It's probably because ebay pesters them with meaningless messages so much that they tend to just turn off.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: I think I just figured out a reason why more buyers don't leave feedback

Some buyers are happy to just receive their item.

I have had "big buyers" who never leave feedback.

And some buyers ask for feedback immediately from me. 

The thing that bothers me are those whose feedback is "private" and cannot ever see their feedback as to a seller or buyer.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Some buyers are happy to just receive their item.

I have had "big buyers" who never leave feedback.

And some buyers ask for feedback immediately from me. 

The thing that bothers me are those whose feedback is "private" and cannot ever see their feedback as to a seller or buyer.

I'm sorry (or maybe not) that my feedback page bothers you!

FYI - Active seller accounts cannot have private feedback

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I never ask for feedback.  I have feedback set to reply once they send a positive for me.  If a buyer asks for it I will leave it.  If they dont leave it I dont leave it.  Has worked for a long time now.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Only unhappy buyers and buyers who have absorbed the old Ebay culture leave FB.

FB is unnatural. If you doubt that, keep track of how many people ahead of you in the supermarket line thank the cashier.

Almost all, actually, at least where I live.

But I have buyers of all sorts leave FB for me - I don't think one can say "only" about any situation like this - it's too variable.

Agree, though, that the survey bit is out of hand, and I don't like eBay pestering my buyers for FB when it's voluntary.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Aloha -- and No, that's actually not what I said. I didn't say people are annoyed at feedback reminders. 

I said it's annoying for a buyer to get a feedback reminder BEFORE the item you bought has even been delivered. 

That's a time waster and could cause people to tune out.  

Just an observation about something ebay is doing cockeyed and which a database developer could probably correct with a few keystrokes.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

I have to agree it's irritating to get leave FB reminders when the stuff hasn't even arrived yet.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I've read enough reviews on Amazon that say "Three star: I can't leave a review because the [xyz] hasn't arrived yet." To think that eBay isn't the only site jumping the gun on this, though why people feel compelled to OBEY that email and leave a review/FB anyway beats me. They do have a choice in the matter.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Yeah. I just look at it before I delete it and go 'yeah, when I get it, ok?"

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@modulok! wrote:

How does someone turn off the feedback reminders, as I cannot figure out how to do it?  I go to Communications With Buyers and I see where it says about the feedback reminders but I cannot find a way to edit it to turn that function off.  Its not clickable and the only "edit" I see on the entire page only edits the Q&A questions.  How do I go about turning the feedback reminders off?

Sellers can't turn it off, only buyers can.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Buyers can turn off those email Feedback reminders if you want to. From your Account settings > Communication Preferences > General Preferences > Edit, then uncheck Feedback reminders.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@modulok! wrote:

How does someone turn off the feedback reminders, as I cannot figure out how to do it?  I go to Communications With Buyers and I see where it says about the feedback reminders but I cannot find a way to edit it to turn that function off.  Its not clickable and the only "edit" I see on the entire page only edits the Q&A questions.  How do I go about turning the feedback reminders off?

Sellers can't turn it off, only buyers can.

I wish we could.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 26 of 26
latest reply