cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really hate this

So (for whatever reason) you do a partial refund after the item has shipped and ebay shows the FULL payment in red as not received, even though the $ sign is partially grey and says partial payment made.

Why do they seem unable to get any of their sales totals to work right?

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I really hate this

Now, now, you have to understand that ebay doesn't do all of the programming.  Some is done by outside vendors, perhaps off-shore, and in that case, they may not understand the communications, instructions, requirements or design preferences completely.  I mean, think about ebay out-sourced CS, as an example.  Smiley Surprised

It isn't ebay's fault!  Smiley Wink

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I really hate this

Yes it is.

It's as bad as their adding shipping to the item price under "sales" figures.

And now apparently they are also adding sales tax collected by ebay even though it's never been paid to the seller.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I really hate this

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Now, now, you have to understand that ebay doesn't do all of the programming.  Some is done by outside vendors, perhaps off-shore, and in that case, they may not understand the communications, instructions, requirements or design preferences completely.  I mean, think about ebay out-sourced CS, as an example.  Smiley Surprised

Then who signs their paycheck or are they working for free? Responsibility. 

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I really hate this

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Then who signs their paycheck or are they working for free? Responsibility. 

Oh, well, nobody mentioned anything about oversight or supervisory responsibility or design feasibility.

Ah ha, now you want to get technical.  Smiley Very Happy

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I really hate this

Not sure where you are seeing that...........

I had a partial refund a few days ago........total amount paid is shown (black), adjustment is shown as -2.35.......also in black........  that's on Seller Hub paid and shipped page.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I really hate this

On the left hand side of the my ebay all selling page - under payments
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I really hate this

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Yes it is.

It's as bad as their adding shipping to the item price under "sales" figures.

And now apparently they are also adding sales tax collected by ebay even though it's never been paid to the seller.

Adding another function is sort of like multi-tasking - some can do it and some can't.  Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 8
latest reply