cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTC and 50 monthly free listings

I've have been doing OK with 50 free listings a month and listing for 30 days. I'm new to this good till cancelled thing. I did notice a few items automatically relisted and I thought that was great. Then I realized that I had 18 items coming due and only had 11 free listings left. Since I don't know what will happen when all 18 come due, I ended 7 items. I guess my question is - what happens if you don't have enough free monthly listing left to cover what is coming due?? Does it automatically relist all and then you get charged fees for the rest?? Or will it only relist using what free ones you still have left??

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

They will all relist and you will be charged listing fees for those over your free limit.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If you only have 50 free ones, you only have 50 free ones.  If your current listed ones renew and take you over that number, you will have to pay for them.  What are we talking about, $.35?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You will be charged 35 cents for each listing over your Fifty Free.

If you have 100 items available you can open a mini-Store (in the US only)  for $7.95 a month.

Or you can pay $7.95 a month and have no Store and 22 paid listings a month in addition to your Fifty Free.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@stellarstuff wrote:

I've have been doing OK with 50 free listings a month and listing for 30 days. I'm new to this good till cancelled thing. I did notice a few items automatically relisted and I thought that was great. Then I realized that I had 18 items coming due and only had 11 free listings left. Since I don't know what will happen when all 18 come due, I ended 7 items. I guess my question is - what happens if you don't have enough free monthly listing left to cover what is coming due?? Does it automatically relist all and then you get charged fees for the rest?? Or will it only relist using what free ones you still have left??

Thanks!!

If you don't have enough free listings left, you will be charged .35 for the 11 listings you didn't end yourself.

In the future, just watch which endings are ending soon and end them.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@stellarstuff wrote:

Or will it only relist using what free ones you still have left??

GTC means Good 'Til Canceled.

It does not mean GTCUYROOFI (Good 'Til Canceled Unless You Run Out Of Free Insertions).  

🙂

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

$2.45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

That is exactly why they did this.  They are depending on casual sellers to no realize when something is going to be relisted automatically when it is late in their selling cycle.  That way they get charged for listing fees they otherwise would not have had.  Just another way Feebay is looking out (for ways to screw) for the small seller.  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

It is easy to end listings on the last day of the cycle and then choose which ones to relist the next month with the free listings.  I usually let the more expensive listings auto relist and wait for the extra free listing offers to show up every few months to relist the smaller less expensive items.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I actually think they are trying to shed listers who only use Free Listings and who rarely actually sell anything.

That browser farm is not free.

If a member is allowed to squat with marginally salable products, what does eBay owe them?

If a seller is making steady sales, each sold item opens a new Free Listing for the next month.

It's the unsold items that relist.

*dons asbestos undies*

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Good point.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@upgradedendmills wrote:

$2.45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A cup of coffee in other words and I mean plain coffee.  No fu fu, no whipped cream and no chocolate or caramel drizzle.  THAT'S PER MONTH.

Erg.... Please put things into perspective.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply