cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hadn't listed an item in years. Is there a way to just accept Paypal in my listing?

How do I change payment method? Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: I hadn't listed an item in years. Is there a way to just accept Paypal in my listing?

You mean you, as the seller, getting paid with PP? No, all sellers can only accept Managed Payments now,but buyers can still pay with PP.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: I hadn't listed an item in years. Is there a way to just accept Paypal in my listing?

@zoozeeq 

Hi There

Paypal is not longer the payment processor.  You will have to sign up for managed payments. Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/start-getting-paid-ebay

Make sure that all your info on your bank account matches the info on your ebay account, + ssn#/ID, etc. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks but that links gives me an error that something went wrong. I appreciate it though.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yes, it now states people can pay me with Discover, Google Pay, Visa, etc.  I can't change this? Is requiring all these type payment what we have to accept now?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hi again

Try this link and then type in "getting paid"

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

It will guide you to what you need to do.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@zoozeeq wrote:

Yes, it now states people can pay me with Discover, Google Pay, Visa, etc.  I can't change this? Is requiring all these type payment what we have to accept now?

You accept all of those through eBay's Managed Payments system.  That display of payment options is to inform buyers about how they can pay. From the seller's perspective, you just sign up for Managed Payments, and eBay does the rest.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

This link should provide the info about signing up for Managed Payments:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-sold-?id=4814

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@zoozeeq wrote:

Ebay and Pay Pal parted ways. So eBay got a company to set up there payment system: called it managed payments.

You have to sign up for it and get your bank account on it. as well as your personal info and so on.

If you have not done this you can not be payed.

The options used to pay manged payments are not choices any more. It all goes through MP.

Also note that after sales of $600.00 you will also be receiving a 1099 from eBay for tax reasons..

eBay has changed.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I recommend taking down your current listing. If it sells, & you haven't gone thru the Managed Payment process, it will be difficult for you to ever get the funds from the sale.

List items second.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

errors galore… frustrating now, just wait until you don’t get paid. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

If you have not sold in years then I strongly suggest you read all of ebays polices over before even considering listing anything. It is not the same.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@zoozeeq wrote:

Thanks but that links gives me an error that something went wrong. I appreciate it though.

At the top of every page on the eBay site is a "help& contact" link.

A wealth of information can be found by simply clicking that link and typing a phrase into the search box.

Try searching for  "managed payments" or "getting paid" or "receiving payments". All three will get you the information you need.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply