cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Monday?

I bought from eBay. 3 things.

I bought from Another company.

All 3 from eBay are still sitting without even an ackowledgement that I bought anything.

the other company has already delivered 1 item, 2 are on track to be delivered on Sunday, and 1 is set for Monday.  All 3 from eBay from the looks of it now will get shipped after I already have everything I bought from the site eBay wants to emulate.

Here's a hint. The world is 24/7 and many, many places can get a purchase in the morning and still get it shipped, or at the least, ship on Saturday. The post office isn't closed. If someone lives in podunc and can't ship, that is their problem and you should warn a buyer. But telling me it has 1 day shipping and then finally getting around to shipping on Monday......

On one they even in their description claim same day shipping if paid before 1400 PDT. I bought at 10 and when asked about it, I didn't even get a response. AWESOME.

not okay.

SO go ahead and blast me, then go respond to the endless posts asking why sales are down. Or a post about how you can't see your views, from sellers that sell 20 items a month but have 100,000 listed. eBay is getting to the point of ridiculous and needs to seriously overhaul their site and their policies toward sellers if they want any chance of relevance going forward.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 1 of 350
latest reply
349 REPLIES 349

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

Oh, brudda...  MY life problems should be so big...  What are you buying....Kidney's??

Message 106 of 350
latest reply

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

@dugoldstuff wrote:

> I have a perfect solution for you DO NOT buy online, especially on Ebay.

Drive to the store, spend money on gas, spend time looking for and item, and you will have it immiedately.

Right, and, maybe have to drive to two or three stores and not even find it. Drive, stop/go/stop/go at red lights, park, walk to the store, look all around, find a sales clerk, have him say he doesn't know, have him finally show you, stand in line, tape on cash register runs out during your check out so stand there some more, get to the store door and it's raining so wait, get to your car and it's been side-swiped. Geesh.  Or, sit in the air conditioning and push a button and then start complaining.

Meh.  Most people usually stop at red lights, but it is getting to be less often.  But, Stop Signs?  Very, very seldom - just slow down and slide on through.  Except me!  Smiley Very Happy  I LOVE to stop at stop signs!  It really irritates the people in back of me, adding that extra second or two to their drive!  Smiley Wink

But, isn't it great going to the store, though?  Get to browse and even, sometimes, there is nice scenery to see and watch!  Get to get out and get some different air.  When I'm dead and gone - planted or incinerated - I won't be able to, for the millions of ages, be able laugh and run and play with any of the teeming masses, ever again.  Smiley Surprised

Hmmm, sure wish the stores would open up so I can go look around .....  Smiley Sad

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 107 of 350
latest reply

I feel sorry for the OP,she is complaining those sellers who claim they can ship same or next day,which looks like they have not done so,and worse,no email response.

She is not complaining about other sellers .

But like one poster said,This is fleabay,so be pragmatic and lower your expectation,take it with a grain of salt,when the seller promises the Moon.

Message 108 of 350
latest reply

OP, me thinks, has been listening to one too many people saying how THEY think things should be run.

I'm not sure it is so much a matter of lowering one's expectations (this has always been ebay), as much as not listening to the Wall St. and Madison Ave. propaganda about how wonderful, new and improved something is, and, though you have never heard of it before, it is something you simply MUST have.  And, then the part about how you must buy it from ME and THIS is why.

Many - if not most - people buy 'things' merely for the 'Entertainment Value' of the process.  Looking.  Buying.  Getting.  Complaining.  Bragging.  Returning. ........

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 109 of 350
latest reply

@steelernation2007 wrote:

Sounds like you've got an anxiety complex if you sit around contemplating all weekend about why your packages are not marked shipped yet. You do know if they were actually "marked" as shipped and acknowledged, they will not be physically moving in the mail system anyhow because it is a weekend and there is no where to drop them off. They will be sitting at someone's home or business. Another gotta have it right now person. If you need it that fast, better off getting it from a brick and mortar store.

I just ordered two different clock parts. A pendulum and a key. Ordered them on Friday. Seller printed the label Friday and got them in the mail Saturday. Both items are now at the distribution for my town ( Sunday). I will have them Monday. I buy from this seller because they ship quick.

Just because it's the weekend doesn't mean that mail doesn't move. I worked for a USPS mail contractor for a couple of years recently. We haul mail on the weekend! I doesn't matter if the P.O. is open or not. Fridays late mail is picked up on Saturday wether the P.O. is open or not.

Now I realize that not all P.O.'s are open on the weekends so not every one can mail on Saturday. The town I live in is around eight hundred people and our P.O. is open till noon on Saturdays.

This is a USPS problem. They have no SOP. I said it when I worked for them. I never saw a enity the size of USPS that didn't have a standard operating  proceedure!

Some sellers ship to beat the delivery date. I ship next day because I want my customer to get their item ASAP. It makes for repeat customers and good feedback.

The seller in question had shipping times in the description and should have stuck to those terms! If your P.O. isn't open on Saturdays then you don't put those terms in your listing! Pretty simple.

Message 110 of 350
latest reply

@bill11223 wrote:

Packages brought to  the PO Saturday morning, before closing at noon, do not move until Monday.

Not true. A bulk mail truck. ( I used to do the route and now my son does) picks up the mail at every P.O. in our area Saturday afternoon after the P.O.'s close every Saturday!

Message 111 of 350
latest reply

Everybody is assuming USPS here ...

If the seller uses UPS or FedEx ... there is no Weekend Service at all for those carriers.

@jason_incognito

For the "Same Day" seller: 

If the seller is in Guaranteed Delivery and the item is late, and they did not ship within their handling time ... file for your $5 ... or return it for free.

Even if they aren't in GD, they will get a shipping ding.

For the other sellers ... 1 Day is 1 Business Day - Meaning Monday. You got an order confirmation when you paid.  What other notification would you like? Remember that, as far as eBay is concerned, no communication is good gommunication.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 112 of 350
latest reply

Watch what you put in the description!  OP says the seller advertised in the listing specific mailing times.  His tracking will show that didn't happen!  Does that not make it a possoible SNAD case?  Not saying any one should file, it's just a contract question.

If it's in my listing I'm going to make sure I ship it when I said I would.   If I didn't it would actually bother me.

Message 113 of 350
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

Watch what you put in the description!  OP says the seller advertised in the listing specific mailing times.  His tracking will show that didn't happen!  Does that not make it a possoible SNAD case?  Not saying any one should file, it's just a contract question.

If it's in my listing I'm going to make sure I ship it when I said I would.   If I didn't it would actually bother me.

Late is not SNAD unless the seller is in GD.

The seller WILL get an automatic "Tracking uploaded on time" ding on their dashboard if they did not ship within their handling time.

If a seller says "will usually ship same day if ..." in the Description but has a 1 Day handling time on their actual shipping, the item will not be considered late. 

The item would only be considered late if it is not delivered on time for a GD refund.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 114 of 350
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

I understand that one day shipping means Monday when you buy on a Friday.

But I love the sellers that when I buy something send me an email thanking me for my purchase and telling me it will go out on Monday, and they will update the tacking info.

I do the same with my buyers.

So I do not think the OP is necessarily upset about not getting the package out, but not even receiving acknowledgment of the purchase until days later.

I do the same thing and I can tell customers like it because they write back to say thanks for fast shipping and update. I also tell them that I'm leaving positive FB for them and they tell me they will, too. 

Message 115 of 350
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

I bought from eBay. 3 things.

I bought from Another company.

All 3 from eBay are still sitting without even an ackowledgement that I bought anything.

the other company has already delivered 1 item, 2 are on track to be delivered on Sunday, and 1 is set for Monday.  All 3 from eBay from the looks of it now will get shipped after I already have everything I bought from the site eBay wants to emulate.

Here's a hint. The world is 24/7 and many, many places can get a purchase in the morning and still get it shipped, or at the least, ship on Saturday. The post office isn't closed. If someone lives in podunc and can't ship, that is their problem and you should warn a buyer. But telling me it has 1 day shipping and then finally getting around to shipping on Monday......

On one they even in their description claim same day shipping if paid before 1400 PDT. I bought at 10 and when asked about it, I didn't even get a response. AWESOME.

not okay.

SO go ahead and blast me, then go respond to the endless posts asking why sales are down. Or a post about how you can't see your views, from sellers that sell 20 items a month but have 100,000 listed. eBay is getting to the point of ridiculous and needs to seriously overhaul their site and their policies toward sellers if they want any chance of relevance going forward.

How odd.  In my experience I tend to get shipments from eBay sellers much quicker than any other online venue.  It could be these sellers are terrified of the ramifications of dings, less than positive feedback, or the wrath from buyers like you.  Who knows?

As a seller, I tend to ship same or next day even though I promise two day handling.  I go to the post office or have carrier pick up six days a week and sometimes twice a day.  Not because I'm afraid but because I want this stuff out of here!  And my buyers appreciate the surprise of early delivery regardless of the eBay estimates.

As a buyer, I don't even think about it until a few weeks have passed.  I've got better things to do than babysit tracking and as I mentioned, I'm getting most of my items within a few days anyway.  Those that don't are almost always still within the handling time so I don't have a right to complain.

Anything I need ASAP comes from either Amazon Prime or I go to the store.

Joe

Message 116 of 350
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

I'm not sure where everyone is getting that I want something done this weekend?

Who cares when I want something done. I want sellers to ship when they say they will.

That's it. Why is that so hard for people to understand? This seller got the sale over another because and only because they said it would ship out Friday.

I am fully aware it was not going to be here this weekend. I chose this seller over others strictly because they stated explicitly in their listing that it would ship Friday and it didn't. It also didn't ship Saturday.

I looked at the OP and it didn't say an ebay dealer promised to ship Friday.

Message 117 of 350
latest reply

Again, until your item arrives you have no idea if the seller shipped Friday or not. Just because the tracking number is not there doesn’t mean they didn’t ship your package.

Chill.

Put the mouse down, go have a drink and quit obsessing. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 118 of 350
latest reply

ha ha .

Message 119 of 350
latest reply

@jadys-0 wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@jadys-0 wrote:
I'm so tired of buyers needing babysitters and pen pals!

It is called customer service.  I love it as a buyer and my buyers love it as well.

Sellers who think of their buyers as annoying - maybe you are in the wrong profession.

If you can't wait for the shipping notification supplied when the seller  prints postage...

Again unless you are selling something very desired or unique, you need buyers more than they need you.

And again if you did not follow, I am talking about the personal touch between sellers and buyer, not automation going back and forth.

I have been here since 1999.  Back in the day buyers and sellers communicated.  Maybe that is why there was less hostility back then.  We saw each other as human beings, not a canned message on a screen.

Message 120 of 350
latest reply