cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM NOT ABLE TO PRINT PACKING LISTS OR SHIPPING LABELS IN FIREFOX

For at least a week I have not been able to print packing lists or shipping labels withing ebay.  You would not believe the work arounds I have been trying. Finally called HP and they suggested that I access ebay using google. That works great, but all other functionality .... not so much.

Does ebay know about the printing issue trying to print labels and packing lists using hp and firefox?

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: I AM NOT ABLE TO PRINT PACKING LISTS OR SHIPPING LABELS IN FIREFOX

From your screenshot, your browser is using its built in reader.  You need to change those settings to open PDF files with Adobe.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@handmadebymartha wrote:

Sadly none of the answers were helpful.  THERE IS STILL A PROBLEM PRINTING PACKING LISTS AND SHIPPING LABELS IN EBAY USING FIREFOX. I have to go to chrome to get these jobs done. 

Like most other software professionals who do web development, I only use Chrome. 

Spot on.  If I'm developing for the web I make sure things in Firefox work proper and it ends there. Firefox has about 6% of the marketshare compared to Chrome's 70%.  One is no better nor worse than the other pretty much.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

@rfmtm 

always value your advice.........understanding that I'm a total klutz with technology.......

When you say "download".........I'm not trying to download anything.......just trying to print from the page that is shown.......using those arrows to have it print.....works, whereas using the print box at the bottom brings up a blank page.......

Am I misunderstanding the meaning of "download"?

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@dhbookds  Yes, what you are doing will work, but not everyone will see that option depending on the browser and the app used to open the file.   My post was for returning the print option to normal by making sure the browser was set to open PDF files with Adobe and not its built in reader as yours is doing.

Many times an update may return a browser to default settings that alters how it opens files, which means you need to go reset them manually or reset Adobe to your default reader.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Thanks devon@ebay !

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Great tip, thank you! It solved the issue for me.

The weird part is, the print packing slip function was working fine until last week (with my previous Firefox settings). Ebay must have changed something. Don't they always?

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

NO, THEY ARE NOT HELPFUL.

I still have to go to google chrome to print out packing lists and shipping labels.  I can print anything else, other  than ebay items.

Another really horrible thing is that ebay has lost at least 80% of my listings.  I have had to take new photos and create new listings.  Folks have suggested inkfrog, but I am too overwhelmed for that right now, but promised to try that now.

It is ebay that is the problem.  What is the matter with you people.

Martha Pellegrino --> ebay call me if you like.  You keep on hanging up on me. 

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

NO, THEY ARE NOT HELPFUL.

I still have to go to google chrome to print out packing lists and shipping labels.  I can print anything else, other  than ebay items.

GOOGLE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE TRACKING NUMBERS. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THAT THE TRACKING NUMBER IS POPULATED CORRECTLY.  YOU ALSO NEED TO CHECK THAT THE ORDER IS MARKED AS SHIPPED IF USING GOOGLE.

Another really horrible thing is that ebay has lost at least 80% of my listings.  I have had to take new photos and create new listings.  Folks have suggested inkfrog, but I am too overwhelmed for that right now, but promised to try that now.

It is ebay that is the problem.  What is the matter with you people.

Martha Pellegrino  ebay call me if you like.  You keep on hanging up on me. 

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I see an update of Firefox came out a few days ago. Have you tried that? Sometimes that will update a default setting that might be beneficial to certain users. It does seem to be likely that some setting(s) in your setup might be problematic. Firefox works well for me now to print both labels and packing lists, though some tinkering is needed from time to time.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Not sure where I need to go on my desk top to clean up my firefox and accept current updates? Thank you for your help, Sincerely, Martha

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Under the HELP tab in Firefox, click on "About Firefox".

You should also make sure you have the latest version of Adobe.  Open the Acrobat Reader and look under the HELP tab and click on "Check for Updates".

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

love your solution, but only works once 😞 is there a way to make that a standard setting?  thank you, martha

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Are you saying you updated Firefox successfully and it worked once but now it does not?

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

If you did not make Adobe your default when you installed or updated it, then in Firefox go to the TOOLS tab and under it click on SETTINGS.

Scroll down to APPLICATIONS and in that section scroll down and select "Portable Document Format" and to the right use the drop down menu to select "Use Adobe Acrobat".  Do this for both PDF entries.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply