cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Florence Announcement - eBay's got your back!

For those who may have missed this on the Announcement board: here's a link to the post made by eBay regarding folks in the hurricane affected area ... eBay's got your back!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-eBay-Will-Extend-Seller-Protection-Due-to-Hurrica...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Hurricane Florence Announcement - eBay's got your back!

Good to call attention to that, IMO.

Thank you, Mr Lincoln.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Thanks Mr Lincoln - I'm watching video of it now - as bad as it is and it's bad - they should be grateful it didn't come ahore as a category 4/5. I can't imagine the damage there then.

On another forum - a post from MSN was criticizing Amazon because they are selling water for $30 a case - but they fail to say that these are 3rd party sellers - price gouging - not Amazon themselves. But people obviously believe them.

It amazes me the amt of people that didn't heed the warnings and stayed in their homes. 150 people have already been rescued by Emergency Services from their 2nd stories because of the flooding. They are lucky that these people are willing to put themselves in danger to save them.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

In some areas, they won't put their people in jeopardy to save those who were warned to evacuate.  In fact, I read that one sheriff (?) said they may as well give him their next of kin information!

I heard that storm surge in some areas would be 13 feet!

Praying that there is minimal damage.  Thoughts and prayers to all those in the path of the storm.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

eBay: "Please note:  you may see late shipments due to this weather event on your seller dashboard, but they will be removed before the seller evaluations occur on the 20th of each month."

This is not true. NOTHING HAS BEEN REMOVED AUTOMATICALLY.

We're located in NC and had to evacuate on September 12.  All our l"ate shipping" orders are  still registered under the "late shipment rate " and eBay didn't remove anything as promised. It's affected all my eBay stores. I have to call eBay customer service to remove those transactions.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Sorry you went through this, but if I recall from past storms, you do have to call to get CS to take care of it.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I have to deal with eBay horrendes CS who had no idea what is going on in USA. It's all taking too much time, but the point here eBay promised to remove it AUTOMATICALLY.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Were you in the affected zip codes and/or did you receive an email?
I’m sorry about your situation and eBay should take care of what they stated they would. Did you call the number provided in the announcement in the link above?

edit: Sorry slow typist corner I go.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I am in a harricane zip code zone  yes I've got the email about the seller protection. Just an update: I have to call eBay 2x to remove the same late shipping transactions. the 1st time "it didn't go through" , the 2nd it finally did. I guess, it's the new eBay AUTOMATIC way.

The late shipping transactions for a hurricane Michael is popping up this week. NOTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED.unamused

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

CSR told me last night nothing can be removed until my seller status falls below top rated which its scheduled to on Dec 20, my home was lost due to hurricane florence and i couldnt ship some items on time due to flood waters. Selling since 2000 on ebay. Totally unfair that i have to lose top rated seller over this.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@franklin_tv wrote:

CSR told me last night nothing can be removed until my seller status falls below top rated which its scheduled to on Dec 20, my home was lost due to hurricane florence and i couldnt ship some items on time due to flood waters. Selling since 2000 on ebay. Totally unfair that i have to lose top rated seller over this.

@Anonymous

I'm pretty sure that disaster protection is supposed to prevent a seller from going below standard and other consequences?? Why would a seller have to wait until after they are below standard to get the protection promised?

Is that really how this works?

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Trinton@ebay..my thoughts exactly. Would love to get clarification on this.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Sorry i was replying to penguins_dont_fly...my thoughts exactly

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Please note:  you may see late shipments due to this weather event on your seller dashboard, but they will be removed before the seller evaluations occur on the 20th of each month.

The above statement  is a note from the original annoucement....this is NOT taking place. I have had two evaluations since florence...the late shipments were still on my account and remain there now.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@franklin_tv wrote:

@Anonymous

I'm pretty sure that disaster protection is supposed to prevent a seller from going below standard and other consequences?? Why would a seller have to wait until after they are below standard to get the protection promised?

Is that really how this works?

Hi @penguins_dont_fly, when we outline specific protections on our Announcement Board this should be automatically applied before any negative impact is seen. If a seller does not see the appropriate protections applied after their monthly review, they would need to contact Customer Service to have this investigated for manual removal. There are various reasons why a seller would not receive the automatic protections offered but Customer Service is happy to apply these when applicable. If a seller looses Top Rated Status or falls Below Standard because of an event outside of their control, we can submit an appeal to revert their status back to Top Rated, Above Standard or both as needed. This manual protection also applies when there is no eBay announcement but the event can be confirmed through a newspaper or courier site.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply