cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would anyone find my listing?

Decided to try a search on one of my desirable items that is not getting views: Vintage Fenton Cranberry Opalescent Hobnail Ruffle Bowl 10".  Over 3500 results. What appears is a hodgepodge of Fenton items. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@strugglinlikeyou 

hodgepodge is right, in other words "promoted hodgepodge" 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I searched: Fenton Cranberry Ruffle Bowl

Your listing was #10 out of 604 in Best Match

When I added hobnail to the search: Fenton Cranberry Hobnail Ruffle Bowl

Your listing was #5 of 208 in Best Match

If you searched while logged in with your selling account you will usually be at the very bottom of Best Match if you can find them at all.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Slippinjimmy thank you. I was so puzzled but you gave me the correct answer. I closed all windows and restarted and searched. Alas, there was my listing. Thanks for helping out.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Doing a search on the solds, I only found 4 sold since November, so it might not be as desirable as you think it is.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Doing a search on the solds, I only found 4 sold since November, so it might not be as desirable as you think it is.

I was thinking that but I didn't want to say it.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@strugglinlikeyou wrote:

Slippinjimmy thank you. I was so puzzled but you gave me the correct answer. I closed all windows and restarted and searched. Alas, there was my listing. Thanks for helping out.

Searching incog really makes a difference - more objective results.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I've noticed that if we Search multiple times using the same or even similar keywords, that we start getting different results each time.

As if the programming "decides" that we weren't interested in the first 300 results so it shows us a different 250 results as well as some of that original 300.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@strugglinlikeyou wrote:

Decided to try a search on one of my desirable items that is not getting views: Vintage Fenton Cranberry Opalescent Hobnail Ruffle Bowl 10".  Over 3500 results. What appears is a hodgepodge of Fenton items. 

Searched "Fenton Cranberry Opalescent Hobnail Ruffle Bowl" viewing All Categories

214 Results

Sorted High to Low

Your 2/3rds of the way down on that page.

20240209_233609077.jpeg

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thanks to kensgiftshop and inhawii. I can handle the truth! Will Schlep this off to the local auction house tomorrow. Seems a shame, very nice piece but no interest. Guessing it's too gaudy.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@strugglinlikeyou wrote:

Thanks to kensgiftshop and inhawii. I can handle the truth! Will Schlep this off to the local auction house tomorrow. Seems a shame, very nice piece but no interest. Guessing it's too gaudy.

Thanks for taking it well.

I meant absolutely no disrespect and I'm sure @kensgiftshop didn't either.

I sincerely hope you can do better at the auction house.

Good luck!

P.S.  If it makes you feel any better, some of the "junk" I have listed doesn't sell too well either.   😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Frustrating is to try to look for auto parts on ebay.  Every time I search for a specific thing I get tons and tons of listings for absolutely unrelated garbage.  

Lack of views can also be eBay server and visibility games.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I searched for "Vintage Fenton Cranberry Opalescent Hobnail Ruffle Bowl" using exact words any order, stacked price + shipping lowest first. I got 24 results and yours was 9th in the list but the only one with that shape, size and design. Search results can vary greatly depending on the parameters you use for the search just like the variances other posters have noted from their search results. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1707911342808.png

dbfolks166mt_1-1707911574401.png

Message 13 of 13
latest reply