cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodged another bullet selling on Ebay

Recently i sold this Lowrance Fish Finder to a Fishing Town on the Adriatic Ocean. The buyer paid full price so i shipped it from Las Vegas, Nevada to Croatia to a town with 1,000 boats. The buyer received it and hit request refund for some reason not stated. 

Here's the good part I get an automated response on Ebay that they will cover the refund of 200 bucks back to me. I won't get my item back but i keep my sale. I mean what are the Chances of this happening. This is Crazy, Ebay let me have my money and not get conned again. Wow !

Something is Fishy, I'm used to being victimized.

A Fish Finder in a Fishy town full of Fish. Who would have thought, lol.

Capture.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

1st time i've said this, Thank You Ebay, you finally did something right.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

That's one of the perks of shipping EIS, once the item is delivered to the hub, your job is over and Ebay takes care of everything after that.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If it was an EIS sale (which this would be) you are covered.  Once your item hits the hub, eBay takes responsibility for everything.  One of the major perks of the EIS system.  BTW, don't speak too loudly about this perk, if eBay figures it out they will change it!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You are covered with EIS.   EIS has covered me for at least 3 or 4 international sales since I started the EIS program.   You ask " what are the chances of this happening".  The chances are 100% all the time if you use EIS.

Thank you ebay for starting this program!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@lonebuck-books 

Oh yeah...if eBay gets too many of these claims, they'll change the policy and let the sellers take the hits yet again.  And PS most likely won't let any of us know about it until it happens.  smh. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I don't think so, I think they'll deny the returns and refunds for " reasons ".

I doubt that there are a lot of international buyers who buy from Ebay's American sellers, it won't hurt Ebay to lose some of them, many of them are scammers anyway.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Chances are not %100
Many times when you track an EIS shipment, the tracking states delivered to hub (maybe not those exact words) but you can tell, it did make it to the Freight Forwarding Hub.  But the tracking does not end there.
If it ends there, you seem to be protected from Item Not Delivered claims.
But when it does not end there, eBay seems to not recognize that as "delivered", and on a not delivered claim, problems begin. (which may, or may not be resolved in your favor).
Most Return requests have worked out for me as the OP described (in my favor).  However, a few have also worked out quite the opposite on occasion.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Love your Police Car, it'll go great chasing behind my Semi Trucks 😃

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I would have had that nation blocked on my do not sell to these nations list in the first place.  

I don't use EIS and that keeps the international shipping very high which discourages from the nations I do ship to.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply