cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How was your cyber Monday?

I had 0 sales, so tonight I stopped all promotions and coupons, the truth is when your site is throttled or blocked from buyers, nothing will sell. Full Stop.

Not showing organic search results because of advertisers, will result in death of a site.

If someone had good sales, it just means they were not throttled today or paying a hefty bribe.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How was your cyber Monday?

No sales yesterday. 3 today, but 2 of the 3 were from offers I sent to watchers last night.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Had one sale........but never have gotten much on Cyber Mon...... (and it isn't over yet).........had some good sales over the wkend.....probably my best payout per wk ever.......

And no, I didn't bribe anyone nor do I think any throttling going on.......simply the ups/downs common to retail sales. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I'm glad sending offers works for you it just doesn't work for me - my products attract people who can't afford to buy them it's the craziest thing

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Last year for this same three day period my sales were over $5k while this year less than $400…. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

$744 yesterday, which is well above average. $385 today which is about average.

I did nothing special, and in fact my newest listings are overall bad as I am scraping the bottom of all my barrels, trying to list all the stragglers before buying new stock.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

2 minor sales.  I would have had them even if it wasn't some kind of 'special' selling day.  Just like always, today was a failure on eBay.  6 sales in the last 12 days. 6 sales A DAY used to be pretty common!  Good luck to all.   🙂

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

One sale, I took an offer on an already marked down item LOL  But I never expect much on Cyber Monday, I think most people are buying gifts (new items, I sell used and vintage) and the major retailers (and pretty much everyone else) are running a lot of sales---hard to compete with that. Especially when most of ebay's marketing is targeting its Verticals and their high end buyers, and not the stuff the average ebay seller sells.

The weekend as a whole , however, was surprisingly strong, so I'm glad about that. If the rest of the Season is like this past weekend for me, I'll be happy. Not expecting that, but it would be nice LOL

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

We did pretty good today. I was pretty pleased until I got a barrage of returns. This week has been a week to test my skills in dealing with buyers making false claims, a reopened chargeback case where this buyer is trying to steal an expensive bracelet, a buyer who refuses to send back an expensive item that we sent by mistake, actually a similar ring but the wrong one. I get the upset about the wrong item but they simply cannot refuse to return a 200 dollar item even I we did make a mistake. A buyer who is returning and ranting that we sold them something not made by the manufacturer when the item is clearly hallmarked and I send them photos of the direct manufacturers product here on ebay an compare with their photos and the photos they put in their pictures on the return which are the same item. These people are giving me massive heartburn this week and it is one of those days when I feel like throwing in the towel. No where else but online do you deal with this nonsense.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Oh I forgot to mention another heartburn maker. USPS destroyed one of my shipments. I am sure there was something else.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Well, OK, it's now 2 sales today. If the buyer pays. I accepted another offer, so there's always the chance the buyer won't pay. It really would be nice if ebay could finally get immediate payment on all this stuff, but I guess I'll just add that to my Christmas Wish List for next year....

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Name ONE, just ONE, item you day Ebay is hiding so we can so we can prove once in for all Ebay is not hiding your listings. Please NO MORE conspiracies, as some people will possibly start to believe you.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply