cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off automatic payments ?

Reading the forums, although sellers seem to really like automatic payments, many buyers don't.     How to turn off automatic payments?  Thank you.

Tammy

New Hampshire

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How to turn off automatic payments ?

Are you asking how does a seller turn off automatic payments for offers and auctions?

If so, you would uncheck the last two boxes on the following page

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If you are asking as a buyer, you don't turn it off, it is something the seller is in control off. You can ask a seller if they would turn it off, some don't even know it is turned on. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@b4b4b4b 

Many perspective buyers also don't pay.  It's out of control and not fair to people who work hard.  I personally like it. We are in this business to make money, not chase it. 

My suggestion is to just run fixed priced buy it now listings with immediate payment required and NO best offers.  I quit auctions years ago due to non payment.  Now when I have a sale I always get paid.  

Happy New Year to you & yours. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Re: ebay autopay

I would suppose some sellers also like buyers paying the individual shipping cost of each item on multiple item puchases, which then can be combined to lower the shipping cost but are not required by ebay to refund the shipping overchage to the buyer.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Not all sellers offer combined shipping and not all items can be combined. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@redmodelt wrote:

Not all sellers offer combined shipping and not all items can be combined.

Sellers shouldn't complain of poor multiple item sales when combined shipping results in reducing the shipping cost & failing to offer potential buyers a shipping discount.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I personally like it. 

@ckimodog 

You probably aren't going to like it as much when the new "enhancement" features kick in for you.   No more auto-billing/instant payments for offers when the buyer initiates them and they are accepted by the seller.  They don't have to pay at all regardless if they went along with putting up a payment source or not.  The only redeeming feature to this so far is that even though sellers can accept more than one offer for the same product,  and none of those people have to pay,  the listing will remain live until somebody does pay.  That is for all sellers regardless of the buyer requirements.  You are free to keep it so a buyer has to put up a payment source, and I am sure it still works quite well to discourage PAYING BUYERS who refuse to comply. 

Three day delay for auto-billing for auctions has started.  Need more details on that one.   

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you  !!

Tammy

New Hampshire

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you, good idea.

Tammy

New Hampshire

Message 10 of 10
latest reply