cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send buyer a feedback reminder?

Is there a button or option to send a buyer a feedback reminder?  I've sold a couple of things lately and i haven't got any feedbacks from any buyers.  I don't want to message them to remind them, and i'm not sure if that's even allowed. 

I noticed that when i buy things from ebay, sometimes i would get feedback reminders from ebay, how do i send those type of emails?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@topbargainseller wrote:

I don't want to message them to remind them, and i'm not sure if that's even allowed. 

It's allowed, but it's a bad idea for several reasons: 

• Some people get irritated by any kind of reminder messages.
  • There may have been a minor problem with the purchase that they weren't going to bother you about until you started pinging them for feedback.
  • As you know, eBay sends reminders themselves, so there's no advantage to you piling on as well.

Not everyone leaves feedback. Just leave well enough alone. Your happy customers will be happy to leave you feedback if they want.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

It's nice to get, but leave it alone.
You may get a feedback you won't like.
Feedback is voluntary.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Leave it alone.

Feedback is not a novelty anymore, plus buyers know they can only get positives now. Kind of takes the excitement and reciprocal nature out of the whole system.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Ebay automatically sends feedback reminders at the thirty day mark.

When it comes to feedback, don't rock the boat - you may get something you don't really want.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/417937i452F5F8575DE5C5A/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=999

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@topbargainseller wrote:

I don't want to message them to remind them, and i'm not sure if that's even allowed. 

It's allowed, but it's a bad idea for several reasons: 

• Some people get irritated by any kind of reminder messages.
  • There may have been a minor problem with the purchase that they weren't going to bother you about until you started pinging them for feedback.
  • As you know, eBay sends reminders themselves, so there's no advantage to you piling on as well.

Not everyone leaves feedback. Just leave well enough alone. Your happy customers will be happy to leave you feedback if they want.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Don't push it.  Feedback will happen, or it will not.

Buyer feedback is meaningless, so many do not bother to leave feedback for a seller.  As sellers, we leave feedback for all buyers. Return feedback runs 20-30%

eBay shows the buyer that they have not left feedback right in purchase history.

Some buy as a "guest", and will never leave feedback.

Best to let sleeping dogs lie.  I made a purchase last month. I am somewhat displeased with the results, so I just have left no feedback. If the seller were to pressure me(remind me) to leave feedback it would not be a positive experience for them.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

It's really not a good idea to dun people for feedback.  Most won't appreciate that and you may get feedback, but not the kind that you actually want.

Best to let sleeping dogs lie.  Don't poke the sleeping bear.

Feedback is voluntary and buyers may choose to not leave feedback if they are less than satisfied.  But if you poke them, you may get a neg.  

Even if they are satisfied, they may not like being prodded for feedback.

A red doughnut:

HERE'S THE FEEDBACK YOU BUGGED ME FOR!

True story.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

If you leave some feedback, you might get some feedback in return.

So far, you've received 160 feedbacks, and left 77.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I've received reminders to leave feedback, messages from sellers who point out that they left me a positive, would I please do the same.

I message back, I am very intentional about leaving feedback and if I don't, there is a good reason.  I did not think you would want your future potential buyers to know that the rare, fragile, vintage porcelain figurine was sent in a polymailer.

In other instances, that the item had significant undisclosed damage, and then I detail it.  

Then come the apologies.

Someone else, however, might have posted negs after being prodded.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Let sleeping beasts lie.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I've sold 144,969 items on this account and have only received 45,471 feedbacks.

It's just the way it is.  Most buyers who are happy with their purchase don't leave feedback.  The unhappy ones usually do.

If you want to ask buyers to leave feedback consider doing it by including a note on your packing slip / invoice.  Add the note to your packing slip layout.  Something along the lines of: Thanks again for your purchase.  Positive feedback has been posted for you.  We hope you enjoy your item and look forward to serving you in the future.

Can't hurt, might help.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Be careful what you wish for...
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@topbargainseller wrote:

Is there a button or option to send a buyer a feedback reminder?  I've sold a couple of things lately and i haven't got any feedbacks from any buyers.  I don't want to message them to remind them, and i'm not sure if that's even allowed. 

I noticed that when i buy things from ebay, sometimes i would get feedback reminders from ebay, how do i send those type of emails?

At the time I'm posting this I've left 5249 more feedback than I've received.

It bothered me for a while but I got over it.    I wouldn't ask for it for the reasons listed above,

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

do not annoy the buyers.

if you do, be prepared for the negs you will get. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for the answers guys, i guess i'll leave it alone

Message 15 of 23
latest reply