cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of this? (see pic)

Remember Lucy from the Peanuts (if you're old enough lol) - and how she'd go "arg" and run in circles? Well that's what this is doing to me!

Here's the annoying deal: I go to "my eBay" ---> "View My eBay Selling" and now it keeps shoving old messages in my face that didn't require an answer. This poor gal - I kept trying to get rid of it with a "thank you" or "no problem" or any other one or two word response to end this conversation but she kept coming back - not griping about that, I get it, some just do that, but I do NOT WANT TO LOOK AT THIS A ZILLION TIMES A DAY!! I simply had to stop the back and forth as it was clear she wasn't going to and I coudn't keep that up indefinitely.

I marked her "question", which is what started the messaging, as "answered". I deleted (inasmuch as anything gets deleted in our messages) the messages from her yet day after day there it is, like a stuck pig and it's really starting to grate on my nerves because it hogs up so much of that page where I like to check my listing stats and such.

So after all that ranting,  my pleading question is, how in the H-E-double-toothpicks do I get rid of those messages that DO NOT REQUIRE RESPONSES??? (Sorry didn't mean to shout.)

Thanks in advance if anyone has a clue.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to get rid of this? (see pic)

So after all that ranting,  my pleading question is, how in the H-E-double-toothpicks do I get rid of those messages that DO NOT REQUIRE RESPONSES??? (Sorry didn't mean to shout.) rei-npkrima op unquote ----------------------------------------

Ugh ,, if I'm understanding this right it seems like you've got a buyer who has to have the last word. The only advice I can think of  [ but it probably won't work ] is to contact her and explain as polite as you can  what's happening . I feel for you ,, I really do . So I'm hoping someone else from the board  with more experience will pop in shortly to give you some better advice . Hang in there Lucy ! 🙂 Tulips 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

. I deleted (inasmuch as anything gets deleted in our messages) the messages from her yet day after day there it is, like a stuck pig and it's really starting to grate on my nerves because it hogs up so much of that page where I like to check my listing stats and such. op -- unquote -------------------

One more thought ,, try calling tech support . Maybe they can do something ? I had a problem one time that went on for weeks before they fixed it . I must have contacted them 6 or 7 times over it . On my summary page I kept getting outbid notices fly out from the right side of the page every 15 seconds on the same items ,, over and over  as if I didn't notice them the first 50 times . It drove me nuts . Tulips 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks @turquoisetulips - maybe I'll have to do that. I think this is one of the "new features" their rolling out but I REALLY think it's one they can do away with! There's enough reminders and "notifications" when we have a message, IMO.

If you look at the URL in the screenshot, it has the word "beta" in it. If that means they're testing this, this test is a fail!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

There used to be a way to "mark as answered". If I'm remembering right it was on a dropdown menu somewhere, but I forget where Smiley Frustrated

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There used to be a way to "mark as answered". If I'm remembering right it was on a dropdown menu somewhere, but I forget where Smiley Frustrated southern sweet tea - unquote --------------------------------

It's still there,, at least the last time I checked . Its among the dropdown list of things under ''shipped '' and stuff . I think the OP has been using this option from my understanding ,, but  the buyer keeps making remarks  or there's a tech gliche  or as she says a bright new e bay  idea causing them to come back again. If the latter is true ,, then thumbs down IMO .  Tulips 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yeppers, did that, too. Tried everything I could think of - they just sit there and it's been DAYS.... there's one other one from the same day, too.

If this is a new "feature" sorry eBay, but I say thumbs-down "bigly". If it MUST stay (ugh) please let us "X" it out or something. There does come a point in a conversation where it simply comes to a natural end...
Message 7 of 7
latest reply