cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER MISCONDUCT ~ Fraud that Ebay Reps refuse to Stop!

I've had a few cases over the last year that Ebay reps refuse protect me. My feedback has been damaged by these buyers who get items, claim their damaged even though photos show they are not. The last one is from a buyer, they have left 26 negative feedbacks out of the last 30 sellers they bought from, EBay clearly saw this and allowed them to lie, proven in their own emails and yet still allowed them to leave a negative feedback where they lied again. I did win the case they opened against me but since this buyer knew how to manipulate the system they appealed it and since EBay saw what was going on they refunded them without deducting from my account. The buyer is still active on Ebay and screwing sellers over non stop. I am sick of this misconduct and Ebay doing nothing to stop it. This particular buyer has opened cases with almost everything they bought and screwed over at least the 26 out of 30 sellers he's bought from yet Ebay doesn't put a stop to this. Oure reports about the misconduct have proven to do nothing to keep us sellers safe.  This is just disgusting!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Sorry, but it's not possible for you to know how many items they've bought from how many sellers, or how many cases they may have opened.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@vintageperfumes_n_morestore

Hmm, I thought when a buyer loses a case they can't leave feedback. Regardless, at least ebay refunded them out of their own pocket. I'm not surprised by all the negs left; apparently, ebay doesn't do much to buyers who leave a lot of negs, although they have been known to kick some buyers out of the MBG.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Sorry you had that experience.

Items can be damaged in shipment, even though your pictures show an undamaged item.

That is a high incidence of negatives left by that buyer.  They could jeopardize their buying privileges.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Your correct, when they lose a case (They did) they're not supposed to be allowed to leave feedback. The problem here is they appealed it and got refunded by Ebays funds not mine becuase Ebay was sick of dealing with them, which I guess gave them the alllowance to leave the Negative. This is so screwed up on so many levels. I've been on the phone all moring trying to get it fixed with no avail. Left messages for the Supervisor who initially assured me this would not happen, I'll be surprised if I actually get a call back.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

This was a bottle of bug spray and it was impossible for it to be damaged in the way they described. The photos showed everything. The Supervisor who backed me saw everything which is why I won the case. Whoever gave her the appeal did not look into his background or conduct.  When they initially lost the case they lied again and put on my feedback they bug spray leaked yet there was no mention of any leaking in the dozen emails and in the case details or a photo of any leak in the photos. This was clear cut fraud and Ebay could care less about protecting their sellers.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Sorry you had that experience.

Items can be damaged in shipment, even though your pictures show an undamaged item.

That is a high incidence of negatives left by that buyer.  They could jeopardize their buying privileges.

They're probably making more money for eBay in fees than eBay is losing on them, though. 

Problem is that even if a buyer kets kicked out of eBay's MBG program they still have the Pal.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

OMGOSH!!!!! I just won! They removed the negative. I guess all my calls this morning paid off. I hope they get knocked off after this stunt. Hang in there sellers and stand your ground if you run into this. Good luck!

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@vintageperfumes_n_morestore wrote:

OMGOSH!!!!! I just won! They removed the negative. I guess all my calls this morning paid off. I hope they get knocked off after this stunt. Hang in there sellers and stand your ground if you run into this. Good luck!

Nice work!

It's just sad that you had to waste (how many hours?) getting eBay to follow its own written policy. This just shouldn't be.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

It shouldn't matter whether or not the buyer received a refund through ebay; it was my understanding that any time a buyer loses a case they cannot leave feedback. Period.

I must say, though, that your responses to the negs kind of makes me not want to buy from you. Seems like anytime there MAY be a problem, you, more or less, blame the buyer. You should make your responses more professional (whether or not the buyer is lying): "I'm sorry you're unhappy. Please return for refund."

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Anyone filing fake claims on bug spray is a scammer using eBay to get free stuff.  EBay needs to start kicking these buyers off eBay. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

gramophone-georg wrote:It's just sad that you had to waste (how many hours?) getting eBay. to follow its own written policy. This just shouldn't be

Even when you do win, there is often a cost required which you will not be able to recover.

Unfortunately time when spent can never be replaced.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

As long as Ebay is handing someone else's money and merchandise out to lying bandits, there will be no incentive to change things. They claim it's only a venue, but then they micromanage every little thing. You're totally on your own selling here, which doesn't bother me, but if you're to be in a completely unsupported position, they should leave you alone and quit telling you what time you can blow your nose, what you can/can't say etc.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Eaby rule number one:  "No such thing as a bad buyer"

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@vintageperfumes_n_morestore wrote:

Nice work!

It's just sad that you had to waste (how many hours?) getting eBay to follow its own written policy. This just shouldn't be.

It is a terribly sad statement. I think it is marvelous that you won and so you should have. With the middle management process within eBay basically being kept eunich's, very little can happen in defence for the sellers. I do hope some day they realize that this autocratic behaviour has to stop for the sake of the sellers and even for themselves.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply