cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my positive feedback back

I got my first negative feedback a few weeks ago anng i was told it won't go away till after 12 months I've been buying stuff to help get my positive feedback up and its has gone up a little bit and my question after when the negative feedback goes away will be gone from my feedback history I had 100% positive feedback now its 96.3% and i've been getting positive feedback from buying stuff and I'll be start selling since my mom is home from the hospital will I ever get back up to 100% positive feedback again i requested for revision and that didn't work  in a year after the negative feedback will go away will it go away from feedback history will my score go back up?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@shireshann  yes, if u get no more negatives, your feedback will go back to 100% once the year has passed. But u should not be so consumed with staying at 100% except for describing your listings properly.

A year is a long time and anything can happen. As you said, first your 'Mom' then your 'Brother' getting home from the hospital, don't know which, but the point is things happen in life.

Leaving diplomatic factual follow up comments to neg or neutral feedback really helps and sometimes overrides the neg comment when buyers read it, so don't be so worried about it.

Keep listing and Good Luck to you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Sorry -- asking for a revision didn't work because your buyer felt he didn't get what was advertised.

If you will start selling a lot of stuff and have no negs, it will return to nearly 100%, but that neg won't age off for a year.  

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

okay I'll work on that  next question in a year when the negative feedback be taken off my score. I'm sorry the buyer didn't get what they've wanted it was an attack that hurt me personally and all I can do is grow will they take it off my feedback history in a yet also? I'm working to do better in my business its been tough my brother is out of the hospital recoverying from gallbladder surgery and thanks. I haven't sold anything in a month. will I get my 100% positive feedback back after that negative feedback finally go away? I would like have it taken off my feedback history as well.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

After a year it won't effect your feedback percentage but that negative will always be on your feedback history.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

after a year will my feedback go up to 100% positive feedback I want that back too

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

@shireshann  yes, if u get no more negatives, your feedback will go back to 100% once the year has passed. But u should not be so consumed with staying at 100% except for describing your listings properly.

A year is a long time and anything can happen. As you said, first your 'Mom' then your 'Brother' getting home from the hospital, don't know which, but the point is things happen in life.

Leaving diplomatic factual follow up comments to neg or neutral feedback really helps and sometimes overrides the neg comment when buyers read it, so don't be so worried about it.

Keep listing and Good Luck to you.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

I've been working on it and I want to grow from this attack and I am growing but it hasn't been easy but I have learned this lesson I've considered important thanks for the advice from you all.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Just a tiny bit of advice here:  You probably should try to quit taking it personally and perhaps refrain from thinking of it as an "attack".  Learning from it and growing is your best plan.  Best of luck.  

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

I'll work on it I am working on it

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Sorry about the neg. The number of pages was in the Item Specifics, but you can't count on buyers to read them.  Better to have also specified in the listing the page count and/or that it was pamphlet-size.

I have to note that this neg was for a sale in which you intentionally lost money on shipping, and made little if anything overall after fees and other costs. You were advised by several posters in another thread about Media Mail rates, but you didn't take the advice.  And the rates have increased again since then.  One more try: You can sell cheap books, and you can offer cheap or free shipping. But you can't do both and make money.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

I'm still looking into the media mail things and I have been using media mail but I don't know if I should lower or raise the retail prices so I can get more money instead lose money I'm losing money by making the prices to low. Like said I've been dealing with family issues

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

@lux-libri   Just an FYI- in this case, the OP could not use Media Mail bc advertised products are not allowed.

Taken from > https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

"Media Mail packages may not contain advertising."

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

like what kind of advertising

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

@stuff4divas Looks like a how-to guide. Not clear whether it contains advertising. In any case, the seller offered the item with MM shipping and presumably shipped it that way.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

from the looks of it yeah

Message 15 of 36
latest reply