2.png

3.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How to bulk edit handling time

It's so messed up. The 'edit start time' option for scheduled listings in bulk edit was removed OVER A YEAR AGO and after countless requests to put it back, nothing has been done about it.

It's so ridiculous to change an interface (and remove features at the same time) for absolutely NO good reason whatsoever. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It used to be shipping policy but with the new update, that probably is messed up.

Edit: Looks like it still is but you would have to create a new policy and any changes to shipping itself would be applied to the listings you select. What a nightmare.

Capture.PNG

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Handling time is in the shipping policies

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

On mine it's in the 2nd Section under 'DELIVERY' (PRICING being 1st)- 

3rd thing down;

DOMESTIC SHIPPING

EXCLUDED LOCATIONS

HANDLING TIME

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING 

ETC 

ETC

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

It used to be shipping policy but with the new update, that probably is messed up.

Edit: Looks like it still is but you would have to create a new policy and any changes to shipping itself would be applied to the listings you select. What a nightmare.

Capture.PNG

It seems that each listing has to be done individually. Too much of a PITA!

albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

Handling time is in the shipping policies

Found it but wasn't able to bulk edit because different items have different shipping prices and it wanted me to fill in a price. 

Ultimately, I put my items on time away. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If you have biz policies enabled, then you need to edit each shipping policy on this page . I've wanted for such a long time for eBay to create a separate policy for handling time instead of rolling it in to ship policies. If you need to edit handling time then you have to edit all of your shipping policies.

I don't know the reason you're asking, but if it's to make a very short-term change, you can use Time Away settings instead of updating all of your shipping policies.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I don't know the reason you're asking, but if it's to make a very short-term change, you can use Time Away settings instead of updating all of your shipping policies.

It's for a week that we're going away so using time away is probably the best solution. 

Although I ship same or next day, I have a 2-day handling time to allow a cushion for unforeseen circumstances. And although sales aren't great at this time, with my luck, I'd make a bunch of sales while away and would end up with dings for late shipping. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Got it @albertabrightalberta. Time Away is definitely the best option because it will extend delivery estimates shown to buyers. If you had changed your handling time instead, for only one week away eBay would still show shipping estimates based on a 2 day handling since they use "historic" shipping times for estimated delivery dates.

Just be careful because there are some scenarios where Time Away won't cover you, like GSP transactions, auto-accepted offers, etc. You can read all the exclusions on the policy page.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply