cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I sell a bunch of media I have no use for?

So, I have a bunch of video games for a console I no longer own, and for a pretty old console. So I just don't want to sell them all individually, deal with seperate shipping etc. And I mostly just want to get rid of them and get my moneys worth. Would it be wise to sell these all as bulk? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How should I sell a bunch of media I have no use for?

Sure. List them as a "Lot". Describe each item, with accurate details about condition.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You have 12 pictures available. Use them all.

Because you have not sold for a year or so, you should make sure you are in Managed Payments.

And be aware that your payment will be Held until tracking shows your shipment has arrived, or up to 21 days.

You need a checking account in a bank in your own country to register for MP and get paid.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@alonzo916 

Are you talking about older ones that have value (i.e. original nintendo cartridges or PS1s)?

I would research to see what you have that might bring quite a bit by itself and sell the others in grouped lots.

There are older DS games and Original Nintendo cartridge games that bring quite a bit.  There are also many that are not worth much. 

There is always a "risk" selling media you yourself cannot "test". 

Good luck as you sort thru it - a quick google search should help you narrow down what might be worth quite a bit.

We sold several original NES games and were surprised how much some of them went for - especially if you have the box, the booklet, black holding sleeve, etc. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@alonzo916 wrote:

I just don't want to sell them all individually, deal with seperate shipping etc. And I mostly just want to get rid of them and get my moneys worth. 

If you are not willing to put in the time to research the prices and sell them individually, but you still want to "get your money's worth". 

Can you explain what you mean by "get my money's worth"? 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

As a couple others mentioned you can do a little research to see if you have any high value ones and sell those individually and bundle the rest. If you want a quick solution I am not sure where you are located but most metropolitan areas have one or more B&M stores that will buy old game cartridges. That may offer you a better alternative than having to deal with the listing, packing, shipping and possible returns. Either way you go make sure you have an idea of the value before you take them in. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

find the research tab on the sellers hub. and search for the games each one separately. the ones that are higher price should be listed separately. Or just bundle them in sets of four, five or twenty at one price.

Make sure you have bubble mailers and labels ready to print in advanced. Ship as soon as the items sell.

It cost around 3.80 to ship one package first class less than 4 oz. One game is usually around 4 oz. Take that in account when setting prices for your games. Games are not media as far as the post office is concerned.

Also test each game because if buyers get games that dont work... you will feel the burn when your returns hit you. Or list them as UNTESTED.

Theres no quick fast way to list. its a task. Just be ready to work for your  "moneys worth"

If you want to make an auction, I will bid on it.

Good Luck

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@alonzo916 wrote:

So, I have a bunch of video games for a console I no longer own, and for a pretty old console. So I just don't want to sell them all individually, deal with seperate shipping etc. And I mostly just want to get rid of them and get my moneys worth. Would it be wise to sell these all as bulk? 

You got your money's worth out of them when you played them. 

If you now would like recover some of the money you spent on them, maybe to buy more games, you have two ways to go:  You can go for the fast nickel by selling them as a lot, and be done with it.  You can go for the slow dime by doing the research and listing them separately, and not be done with it for awhile.

Whatever you decide, I hope it turns out well for you.

-

Message 8 of 8
latest reply