cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer's item hasn't been delivered yet but they are already saying their is a problem with it.

Anyone else experience something like this?  

I had a buyer purchase a brand new PS5 video game from me.  While out this morning, the buyer sends me a message saying the dvd??? (should be blu-ray) is having problems and is freezing up on them and were asking for suggestions.  I send them a message with suggestions and offered a return if necessary.  I then arrived home only to realize that their package hasn't even been delivered yet but will be later today so how could they be having problems already.

Anyways, I send them another message about them having me confused with another seller as they haven't even received the game yet so how could they be having a problem with it.  I haven't heard a peep back but it looks like from their feedback to other that they might be a problem buyer.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Buyer's item hasn't been delivered yet but they are already saying their is a problem with it.

The PS5 is one of the most scammed items we hear about on this board. Because you're basically a new seller, selling a PS5, you have a target on your back that scammers zero in on. I wish you luck, but this may not end well for you.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm just selling a video game, not a system.  I've been selling on here for over 23 years but have never had a buyer claim a problem with their item before it even arrived.  I'm just looking to see if others have experienced this and what they have done.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I'm just looking to see if others have experienced this and what they have done.

@fryeguy211 

You've reached out... now, it's simply a wait. The buyer might have received it, yet tracking hasn't updated. Who knows yet?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I know they haven't receive it as they messaged me this early morning and just got notification hours later that's it's now out on delivery.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@fryeguy211 wrote:

... their package hasn't even been delivered yet but will be later today so how could they be having problems already.

If you don't hear back from them today after they rec'd the item verifying they made a mistake by confusing you with another seller

REPORT them immediately to get ahead of what could turn into a scam situation

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/report-issue-buyer?id=4084&st=12&pos=1&quer...

Then read this link re Seller Protection>

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protection?id=4345&st=12&pos=2&query=Sell...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Understood that my suggestion was only a possibility. So, I guess it's now it's simply a wait. Hang in there...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Probably a serial scammer that mixed you up with some other victim. They do this sort of crap to gain credibility by engaging in "discussion" with their victims.

Reporting the buyer does nothing.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply