cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do you keep your photos of items you've listed for sale

I have loads of photos on my phone and was curious as to how long sellers keep these photos on their phones.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: How long do you keep your photos of items you've listed for sale

I delete them within 1 day or so after listing, just taking up space.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I keep them all, as well!!!  I'm just concerned that I'll overload my phone.  I do remove the pictures of items I've sold over time, but don't think I catch them all.  I appreciate your information!

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

To add to my earlier posting...  I use an older iPhone 6S to take the pictures.  It has my MS office OneDrive installed on it.   So, I take the pictures, open the OneDrive, that automatically syncs the pictures with my PC, and I can immediately drop them into the listings, or a message to a buyer, within seconds.  Kinda nice.

I'm sure the Apple Cloud feature works the same way.  But that way, I can purge the old phone once in a while without nuking anything I need.

That phone has no service, its just used solely for ebay photos.  That's all it does.  lol

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I have several portable drives that have been purchased through the years.  And probably most of everything I have ever photographed or scanned on one of them...

It's always a new adventure looking through the drives once in a while.  😁

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Most of my stuff is flat/2D.

I've tried scanning medallions, pinbacks, tee shirts (labels), etc and you are right, scans just don't word for those.

Stamps? Easy peasy. GB  #251a.jpeg

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I hold pics of previously owned items for a year.

I hold pics of new with tags items for 3 years.

I hold the NWT items longer because I often find them again when scouting for stuff and it saves me having to take new pics and once or twice has saved me because the duplicate I just bought didn't have a belt or scarf that the original did and I was able to make sure I listed the item as New with Defects and named the missing part.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

portland.jpg

Another stamp dealer here.  Everything is scanned.  Photos get deleted whenever I think of it.  It's much easier to rescan than to try and find the photo.

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I delete mine once the buyer has received the item safely. That way, it's a way for me to keep track of what items have sold, since I only have photos of items that I have listed in my Photos folder.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply