cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is it possible to open an INR less than 24 hours after purchase?

I feel like I've see this question posted several times here, but I can't find any real explanation.

Buyer purchased an item yesterday evening, messaged me 3 times in the middle of the night, then opened an INR for that same item at 9 a.m. this morning. The most irritating thing about this is that the due date for the INR is the 25th, but the estimated delivery date isn't even until the 26th.

I've got the situation with the buyer handled, I just don't understand - does anyone know how it's possible for a buyer to open an INR this quickly?

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: How is it possible to open an INR less than 24 hours after purchase?

I didn't get through all the responses, so you may have answered my question, but did the buyer open the INR by calling CS and having them do it?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 31 of 43
latest reply

Thank you jasmen@ebay while it's not comforting to know there is a potential "glitch" it is good to know that if the system was working as designed this would not be possible. This situation appears to be popping up a lot more frequently as of late. 

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

I don’t think that it was determined if they phoned cs to open the case.   But I do remember a similar situation on the boards and the blue said either that CS should not do that or that they couldn’t do it.  I think that it was the second one but I’m not sure.

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

@popblox wrote:

I've got the situation with the buyer handled, I just don't understand - does anyone know how it's possible for a buyer to open an INR this quickly?

Just curious: how was this "handled"? Cancelled and refunded before shipping?

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

@popblox wrote:

If so, do you know if it would look any different?

Or, wouldn't that fall under a payment dispute, as opposed to an INR?

A PayPal case

A chargeback through PayPal

A chargeback on a payment at eBay Checkout

are all payment disputes, and a seller has 5 days to accept or challenge the dispute.

Responding to a payment dispute

When a dispute is opened, you'll receive a notification from eBay. You must respond to the dispute within 5 calendar days of receiving the notification.

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

Of course I do not have the high knowledge to explain this and I am a new citizen of eBay. Haven't you asked this question in costomer service? I think you will get an answer to that. I wish you a quick solution / answer.👍

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

Thanks for the tag @popblox there's no loophole. It sounds like it may be a glitch. 

@ghazolg0 wrote:

a few days later i was surprised to see a case opened by the buyer, for not receiving the items 

tracking link shows items are "in transit" and ebay refunded the buyer.

not sure why ebay would favor refunding the buyer when the items are in transit to the buyer

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

It's 100% possible to open INR case before  estimated delivery date. I've done it and all it took was a simple online chat with eBay customer service

Message 38 of 43
latest reply

@ise710 wrote:

jasmen@ebay wrote:

Thanks for the tag @popblox there's no loophole. It sounds like it may be a glitch. 

@ghazolg0 wrote:

a few days later i was surprised to see a case opened by the buyer, for not receiving the items 

tracking link shows items are "in transit" and ebay refunded the buyer.

not sure why ebay would favor refunding the buyer when the items are in transit to the buyer

Generally due to the seller did not enter the tracking in the case and assumed it would be check on the order detail page....

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

Not the same situation as the OP,  but related. One may also ask why on earth ebay allows an INR case to remain open after the seller uploads tracking showing delivery.

Those should close automatically.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 40 of 43
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Not the same situation as the OP,  but related. One may also ask why on earth ebay allows an INR case to remain open after the seller uploads tracking showing delivery.

Those should close automatically.

Well it seems they like to give time to respond.... In other words automated does what its programed to do instead of what would be logical.

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@popblox wrote:

Just curious: how was this "handled"? Cancelled and refunded before shipping?

I actually couldn't cancel it because there was an open case (the case being the INR). I just printed a label and got it out that same day. 

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

Thanks for the tag @popblox there's no loophole.

It sounds like it may be a glitch. 

Here's another INR started ahead of the estimated delivered date.

@anna**banana wrote:

I shipped off the package

• and 2 days after shipping the buyer filed a claim with ebay.

I provided tracking number and picture of receipts

• and ebay immediately closed the case in favor of the buyer,
  • even before the estimated delivery date!
Message 43 of 43
latest reply