Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How eBay Is Helping Sellers Affected by Hurricanes Harvey & Irma

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: How eBay Is Helping Sellers Affected by Hurricanes Harvey & Irma

Now we have Nate expected to make landfall tonight on the MS gulf coast as a Cat 2 with winds of 95-110 mph. Will there be "coverage" and "protection" for these sellers?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 91 of 97
latest reply

I think one would have to wait until impact before ebay would make any decision. They're not going to announce anything in advance, but one would hope they'd be included.

At least it's not as wide a storm as others have been. It's the rains, storm surge that can have the worst impact. I pray that won't be as bad as Houston had! I worry for the people and poor innocent animals!

FEMA is already overwhelmed from 3 storms in a row! Now a 4th, this is unbelievable in just 6 weeks! They're pretty much just automatically denying claims and not even conducting inspections unless your home is uninhabitable! I wasted hours of my time, as they told people to apply for any damage, guess they want you to be out on the street before they'll help. A damaged roof isn't essential according to them, yet you can't sell a home without one! I'm thankful that ebay at least has stepped up, even though they didn't live up to their statement of sellers not having to do anything.
Message 92 of 97
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Now we have Nate expected to make landfall tonight on the MS gulf coast as a Cat 2 with winds of 95-110 mph. Will there be "coverage" and "protection" for these sellers?

Good luck to all that are going to get hit!

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 93 of 97
latest reply

so,am i !I haven't received a darn credit one..just a suspensions,and i just NOW got into a house from having to stay with my kids in a hotel for months..i think they should pay attention to where the sellers are from when sending their invoices,messing up their status,i have no way to even pay my fees,ebay was my job!but we had no electricity after returning,then no internet for sure,they still have 6 months left of electricty work to do?so really...how are you helping Ebay?i do not understand how you can do people that are backing you also,like this?this is just wrong.i have called,and all i get is"oh you'll get it one day"?really what?get your money..not make my own money to put food on the table for my kids..i'm just really furious that they have done people the way they have!very sad!Thanks Ebay!This was my job,so i could stay at home with my kids.now i have to buy food!not pay Ebay Fees,moving has taken ever dollar i had!but they want their money like this asap!just wrong!

Message 94 of 97
latest reply

They sure did not! AND BTW i can not get the link to ebay's hurricane relief to even work!Instead they suspended my account due to unpaid seller fees,i think i will put food in my kids mouthes before i pay that!go through something like this,and then come back and tell me how it went for ya!Me and my kids were victims of Hurricane Harvey,in which i lost everything,with no insurance.I would like to know what if any help can be made in these situations,as i have been a valued seller for years,and i depended on my Ebay as my job,but have just now got into a home,and out of a hotel,due to home being destroyed.we still have people without power,and 6 months more worth of electrical work in our areas..it is not OVER!it's a mess down here still..can you please help me in in the right direction,as to what you all can offer as far as help,if their is any?and if you all were offering any help during this crucial time,thanks much,Chrystal shelton-(phone)361-633-4906(email)chrystalshelton40@gmail.com.Thanks!

Message 95 of 97
latest reply

oh,they did me..and me ans my kids just now got out of a hoyel,and into a house since hurricane Harvey!they suspended my account..all for seller fees..pitiful.just really sad!whay i call GREED!!That was my income for me ans my kids...Thanks Ebay for all your help!BTW your hurricane relief link does not work!Again,Thanks for all the YEARS I STAYED UP INTO TO WEE MORNINHG TO MAKE YOU RICHER,FOR ME TO JUST PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE..IF THAT!THE FEES ARE GETTING REDICULOUS..NO EXCUSES FOR THIS,TO YOUR VALUED SELLERS!

Message 96 of 97
latest reply

U SERIOUS???OMG..THAT IS PITIFUL!!!

Message 97 of 97
latest reply