Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How eBay Is Helping Sellers Affected by Hurricanes Harvey & Irma

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Nice to see ebay step up and do the right thing re. defects and the like. The coupons and waivers are equally as nice.

Where do we go to obtain the $30 supplies credit?

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 2 of 97
latest reply

@community_team

It would be useful to have this information in text form in addition to a video that's over 2 minutes long.  

Text would be easier to share and to reference, as wel as giving a break to sellers who might have limited access to electricity for recharging their gadgets.

Message 3 of 97
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

@community_team

It would be useful to have this information in text form in addition to a video that's over 2 minutes long.  

Text would be easier to share and to reference, as wel as giving a break to sellers who might have limited access to electricity for recharging their gadgets.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-Will-Provide-Additional-Help-for-Those-Impacted-by-...

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 97
latest reply

@sandmansales wrote:

Nice to see ebay step up and do the right thing re. defects and the like. The coupons and waivers are equally as nice.

Where do we go to obtain the $30 supplies credit?

Hi @sandmansales

Please see the following article for full details: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-Will-Provide-Additional-Help-for-Those-Impacted-by-...

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 5 of 97
latest reply

I am seller shipping to Florida. Florida buyer asked me to hold off shipping for four days to ensure their house there was okay and postal delivery resumed.  eBay sent me message I was shipping "late".  eBay should be understanding in the aftermath of these storms and realize some buyers may want a later shipping date.

Short of calling eBay's customer service, there seems to be no way for a seller to log a buyer's request for shipping on a later date.

Message 6 of 97
latest reply

Is the fee waiver something they are doing retroactively?  I'm still paying every listing

Message 7 of 97
latest reply

Doesn't mention delivery date expectations for shipments to affected areas.

Message 8 of 97
latest reply

I haven't seen any of these go into effect either.  I'm in Houston and wasn't able to ship for a week during Harvey.  Ebay says they wouldn't ding our seller accounts for late shipping, but I've been dinged for everything I sold during the hurricane.  I tried emailing that hurricane email that was in the annoucement, but all they responded with was that they are trying to determine if I live in one of the impacted areas...I'm in freaking Houston!

Message 9 of 97
latest reply

Don't expect to have your store subscription fee waived this month, they claim fees for the month of August don't count because according to them the hurricane didn't start until September.  It got here on the 29th of August.  They should have explained this in their newsletter.  People need help right now not in a month from now.

Message 10 of 97
latest reply

I suppose, like everything else in their policies and UA, any 'hurricane relief', is decided on the basis of their 'sole discretion'.  Maybe, if it is part of the 'one size fits all', then it is okay. 

One can't be too careful about setting precedent when it concerns money going out - or, at the very least, not coming in.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 11 of 97
latest reply

looks like ebay is not helping sellers sending items to hurricane areas. what gives. when post office is shut down packges cannot reach the buyers. many sellers are getting defects for late arrivals. ebay have a heart-you already got the fees and now a bunch of trs will loose the tiny 10 percent discount when they cannot control the weather. sorry for typing as i broke wrist on tuesday and only have 1 hand

Message 12 of 97
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was not aware Ebay was helping in any way. There are other towns in Texas that flooded beside Houston, I am in Hitchcock, Texas Galveston county, My home flooded and we lost most furniture and bedding some clothes electric cord, lamps Almost all shoes,  Floors , Rugs etc NO one I mean No one came to help here . We had to escape to my neighbors home on stilt's after wading up to our waist in the storm as water just kept coming in my home we sat in wet clothes 2 days till my Husband could wade back into the water to get use some dry clothes. Just today for the First time we had some sweet people from missouri disaster  relief Show up to see if we needed help cleaning our home..... !8 or so days After ....... All I see is people collecting money for hurricane relief But No relief. I am thankful I have a wonderful Husband and Perfect, caring Understanding Children.  Wonderful Neighbor and Caring Friends We will get through this some people lost every thing and even their loved ones . God Bless you all. Keep praying it will get better.

Message 13 of 97
latest reply

@ryanrobyn wrote:

looks like ebay is not helping sellers sending items to hurricane areas. what gives. when post office is shut down packges cannot reach the buyers. many sellers are getting defects for late arrivals. ebay have a heart-you already got the fees and now a bunch of trs will loose the tiny 10 percent discount when they cannot control the weather. sorry for typing as i broke wrist on tuesday and only have 1 hand

I think - from past reports about conversations with CS on shipping - the response will be that you should have used another carrier or that you had other carriers from which to choose.

A no-win situation since whichever one you choose, if one doesn't follow through on time, there are always at least 2 more that you could  have chosen.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 14 of 97
latest reply

In a bot email response I received, it stated ebay was still assessing the affected areas and would update when they had protections in place.

All they need to do is go to the State pages and see which Counties were declared disasters. It's not that hard. The government has the Counties listed.

Message 15 of 97
latest reply