cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop Selling on Ebay but still be able to Buy?

I was going to just delete all my items (which are listed as 'good 'til cancelled') but not sure if that is the right way to stop selling on Ebay and still be able to buy.

Thank you for any help.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: How do I stop Selling on Ebay but still be able to Buy?

You can certainly continue to buy on eBay even if you decide you don't want to sell anymore.  I used to sell only seasonally here, taking down listings for the summer, but purchased year round.

Have fun shopping!

Forgot to tag: @714gorilla 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

A) Cancel your items for sale.

B) Don't sell anything.

C) Only buy.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Correct. Deleted what you have listed and never list again. You're done.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I have 4 accounts here, three for selling (which I don't use anymore..and 1 for buying which I use all the time.  You'll be fine.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I enjoy inhawaii's sense of humor

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

"I was going to just delete all my items "

Seem like you already have the answer as long as you don't have a store subscription.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@jayjaspersgarage wrote:

"I was going to just delete all my items "

Seem like you already have the answer as long as you don't have a store subscription.

Sorry, I just realized I never responded to this.  I hoped it was the right answer, but of course nothing is easy with Ebay.  I could not just delete my items for sale.  I have to close my account and open a brand new  account plus, since Ebay still owes me money from a couple of items I sold before MP, they will not give it to me unless I still will give them my checking information AND So Sec No. which is the reason I quit selling in the first place.  I can always get another checking account but can't get another So Sec Number. and I do not trust Ebay - they've been hacked before. 

I told them to just return my money through Paypal or send me a check.  It's not even that much.  So I guess I'll have to take them to court, which I was told I can.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I am uncertain of the laws of the US, but read here on the forums that unpaid funds owing to you from eBay that they are unable to pay (no account linked) are released to the state you live in after a certain period of time and then you can claim them from there??

Someone else will know for sure, bumping this for you.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

How do I stop Selling on Ebay but still be able to Buy?

You stop selling and only buy. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

I am uncertain of the laws of the US, but read here on the forums that unpaid funds owing to you from eBay that they are unable to pay (no account linked) are released to the state you live in after a certain period of time and then you can claim them from there??

Someone else will know for sure, bumping this for you.

I heard that going around, too, but a family lawyer said it's not possible or legal.  They took/kept my funds when I wasn't signed up for MP.  The checking account you can always get another.....a Social Security number will ruin you financially (in USA).  It happened to a friend.

Thank you downunder for responding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply