cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fake ebay sites

i believe there are gosting sites that appear to eBay but are gost sites that get the sale then try to negotiate a leach deal from actual sellers. if you google one of your own items the open same item in actual eBay you might see the differences when comparing best to look at 2 screens hooked up to see what i think i’ve seen.

Don’t really know for sure but i suspect.

i get lots of buyers asking silly questions and aggrevating me to no end  i think they are leaches.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

fake ebay sites

There are many sites that are shopping search engines that link items from all over the net.

There are also international shopping sites that allow buyers to buy through them from sellers that don't ship internationally (like me). Those are legit- they basically facilitate international buyers in purchasing & receiving items that they otherwise could not.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

fake ebay sites

Not sure but this something that might help explain it...this is a ? I asked about in 1 of the chats after seeing as site adverising ebay items.

Home | eBay Partner Network

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

fake ebay sites

auctionairecorp
Trailblazer

any and all alternatives to eBay is actually a good thing.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

fake ebay sites

@greenie9 wrote:

i believe there are gosting sites that appear to eBay but are gost sites that get the sale then try to negotiate a leach deal from actual sellers.

They do not negotiate a leach deal. 

eBay simply pays them a commission in exchange for facilitating the sale. 

This program has existed for years. 

https://partnernetwork.ebay.com/

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

fake ebay sites

*ghost

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

fake ebay sites

@pikabo-icu wrote:

There are many sites that are shopping search engines that link items from all over the net.

There are also international shopping sites that allow buyers to buy through them from sellers that don't ship internationally (like me). Those are legit- they basically facilitate international buyers in purchasing & receiving items that they otherwise could not.. 

We've had numerous freight-forwarder purchases, especially during the lockdown.  As best I can recall, they've all been decent deals with no issues.  One order was lost by the freight-forwarder, but that's between the buyer and the forwarder -- I've got delivery confirmation to the forwarder and that's all I need.

The other customer we see from time to time will use us as a fulfillment source.  One customer this past week purchased almost $200 in product, to be sent to 8 different addresses.  No complaints, no returns (yet).  What I found most interesting, because I just had to know if we were under-priced, is that we were the top selling price for that product (unintentionally, we'd posted new inventory with last year's prices).  BUT, we were also the highest feedback (over 20K) and longest on-site (boss first started selling on eBay in 2007, about 10yrs after I started my first ID).  And the purchases were made over a number of days, so clearly the middleman/buyer approved of our next-day shipping.

We see these customers all year round, and I've seen them since I started working for this company 8yrs ago.  We make our margins, and then some, and have few issues, so we don't really mind working with them.  A few have even asked us to let them know when we get similar inventory -- so we explain how to do a Saved Search or how to Save a Seller, since we're not really set up to track requests (yet) and I'm not sure how eBay might perceive us telling contacting buyers, outside of an active transaction, to tell them we have more of something available.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 7 of 7
latest reply