cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are your sales this weekend?

Personally pulled a big fat zero all weekend which I found really surprising. Someone started a return on I think Thursday and I'm waiting for them to send the item back, but that shouldn't result in a throttle? 

Just poking around out there -- everybody having a great sales week but me? Pulling doughnuts since Thursday? Trying to construct a strategy, thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: How are your sales this weekend?

LOL, here comes the flexing bro 😂. Just kidding! Good job! I hope to be where your at soon.

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

@linus.hux72fe Thanks. I currently have over 700 items in my ebay store. Probably wouldn't want to cross list all of them. How many do you cross post?  I'm just wondering at what point doing it manually would be too much work because of the number of listings. (However, to start, I would definitely do it manually, and would maybe do a mix of cross posting and some exclusive posting --- I think it takes some time to figure out which items are likely to do better on which platform....

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

@linus.hux72fe " There are only 27 days until Christmas and about 19 shipping days.  In my view time is rapidly running out for many sellers to pull their sales out of the basement and Ebay has said nothing about reversing any changes, doing any new advertising or promotions, or even expressed any concern via employees to the concerns raised on the forum.   I cannot change Ebay but I can control my response to the platform. "

While at this point I don't plan on adding any new venues till after Christmas (I have a lot of stuff to list, and adding in the learning curve for new platforms.....just too much right now). But I agree with your summary---If eBay hasn't done stuff by now, I doubt they'll do much stuff in time to benefit us for Holiday sales....hat train has pretty much left the station....I'm going to list more, run PLS and some sales, send offers, etc.....but I don't really expect much focused help from ebay , especially in the categories I sell in. I didn't really expect it when Q4 began, but I was willing to hope....they could still surprise me, but I seriously doubt they are really going to do anything....

Message 33 of 53
latest reply

Use other platforms AND play the game. Ebay **bleep** me off sometimes...but its all about playing the game. Things aren't fair, but justification and validation can be found and confirmed in current markets.

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

In the beginning I was worried about making a mistake i.e. selling the same item in 2 spots but only having 1 item and wasnt confident that I could keep things straight so I only began with 20 items.  I'm older than dirt so that was about all I could manage.  Quickly when I got the hang of things I doubled and quadrupled that over several venues, different items.  Now I have a sort of a rythm down.

Absolutely it takes time to figure out what items fit better and where.  I also spent time looking at solds and examining the wording, pictures, the look in the display, color, lighting, shipping type, sets vs single item, and anything else I could think of that could or would help me sell.

Trying something new and challenging keeps ones mind young as well as being possibly financially rewarding.  

Best of luck.  

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

I'm interested as well about crossposting. What is the golden ratio? Should we cross post everything? Should we buy cross posting software (if we have enough sales?). Does anyone have the metrics...hehe I know some of you have the metrics, and perhaps it's not relevant to share here.

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

It's important for us to mention it when things are going well. I know when I first started out I looked for positive viewpoints. I want new sellers to not feel so down, to know if they work hard and smart they can make a business of reselling. Sometimes, you just have to go with the flow and work at it until it works for you.  Keep trying and don't throw in the towel. 

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

Thank you for the kind words. I'm not the type of person to give up. I will get frustrated, and angry, and I will say stuff I don't mean, but I will find a way.

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

Normal🙂

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

Whats normal for you?

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

The sales are same as last year but I have twice as many items.  If you look at how many I have listed you will realize my dismay because I have invested much going into this year and it hasn't so far brought me return.  Sales are light since august which after my best month ever in July in worrying.  Feels like 2019 to me, sales are back to normal that way.

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

You sound like you track your sales well. I like that!

Markets Ebb & Flow. Economics is not a difficult subject to understand...anyone can be a "master" within about a year.

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

"I'm a little worried because with floods, highway and rail line washouts, the west coast of British Columbia is pretty well cut off by land.

The BC and Canadian governments have been working like mad, and there are a lot of troops building dykes, but it's raining again.

Still the ferries are running from Vancouver Island to Vancouver and the west coast postal terminal, and north south traffic is not horrendous.  So my US customers should be alright.

Nervous about getting shipments to Eastern Canada."

I'm two states below you and have heard plenty about the earthquake in Peru but zero about this.  I hate our 'news'.  And 'World News'...is the worst...not the world at all.

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

hmm....so you've got some flood issuses in Canada....sounds like an emergency.......

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

Why are you posting on the Ebay forum?

Message 45 of 53
latest reply