cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How High is your SNAD rate?

See a lot of comments on false SNAD on these boards, so thought I would ask.

How high is your SNAD rate?  What percentage of the number of items sold had SNAD cases? (last year & this year)  What percentage of the total amount of sales had SNAD cases?

So if you had 100 sales last year and 15 SNAD cases then the percent would be 15%.  Conversely if SNAD cases amounted to $250 of total sales of $10,000, then the percentage of sale dollars that had SNAD cases would 2.5%.

Anyone willing to share their statistics here or privately?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: How High is your SNAD rate?

@muttlymob wrote:

@zamo-zuan wrote:

EBay's SNAD metric does not count only SNAD claims as a "SNAD" (as strange as it would sound).

I would be extremely surprised (and impressed!!!) if you truly have a 0 rate with that many sales, because even problems during shipment count. I'm sure everyone out there who has sold more than 100-200 items has dealt with damaged or lost items.

Zero SNAD claims filed through either eBay or PayPal.  Ever.

Any breakage or damage (extremely rare also) have been dealt with without claims filed.  Have not had any return requests for any reason since eBay started their managed returns programs.

Based on your estimate, if someone has damage or lost claims every 100-200 sales, he or she is doing something wrong.  Even in high risk categories that is far too high a rate.

I have no idea what you sell, but most sellers get SNAD claims without any prior notification of a problem.  I find it hard to believe anyone thousands of sales has never had a SNAD opened.  I'm in one of the least problematic categories on the site (in the dollar range I sell in), I've probably had a couple of dozen SNADs. 

a) none of them were legitimate, and

b) none of them were ever escalated and needed to be resolved by eBay, in recent years at least - I used to refuse refunds to scammers. 

Edit to answer question:  Current SNAD rate is 0%.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 31 of 33
latest reply

0.05%
Message 32 of 33
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

@muttlymob wrote:

@zamo-zuan wrote:

EBay's SNAD metric does not count only SNAD claims as a "SNAD" (as strange as it would sound).

I would be extremely surprised (and impressed!!!) if you truly have a 0 rate with that many sales, because even problems during shipment count. I'm sure everyone out there who has sold more than 100-200 items has dealt with damaged or lost items.

Zero SNAD claims filed through either eBay or PayPal.  Ever.

Any breakage or damage (extremely rare also) have been dealt with without claims filed.  Have not had any return requests for any reason since eBay started their managed returns programs.

Based on your estimate, if someone has damage or lost claims every 100-200 sales, he or she is doing something wrong.  Even in high risk categories that is far too high a rate.

I have no idea what you sell, but most sellers get SNAD claims without any prior notification of a problem.  I find it hard to believe anyone thousands of sales has never had a SNAD opened.  I'm in one of the least problematic categories on the site (in the dollar range I sell in), I've probably had a couple of dozen SNADs. 

a) none of them were legitimate, and

b) none of them were ever escalated and needed to be resolved by eBay, in recent years at least - I used to refuse refunds to scammers. 

Edit to answer question:  Current SNAD rate is 0%.

This is sadly true. People open cases without contacting, same with feedback if they are having issues which we would gladly help with.

I don't think most customers know how damaging the metrics can be to sellers.

At the same time, some of the few that do know, like to abuse it. Like opening a SNAD just to get your attention after they think you were "ignoring them" when nobody was in the office over the weekend.

BTW, you don't need to escalate it to eBay for it to count against your record. As soon as they open it, it's counted. 

Message 33 of 33
latest reply