cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Problems

We are Sellers who have been buying & Selling on Ebay for years (2007?) We have recently sold an electronic to a buyer(clydi-o)? Sent the Item out immediately & were paid  after 10 days from Paypal into our Bank account! We then received a positive Feedback from the Buyer! Seemed all was OK.  Then, long after more than reasonable time, the buyer decided that the item was not what he wanted and requested a refund.  E-bay  decided that the refund was no warranted and I thought the matter was closed.   Then the buyer requested and recieved a refund from his own credit card company.  Now, paypal has wants to be reimbursed from us including fees.  This gives us a negative paypal account.  The buyer has his money back and kept the item.   I have dealt with e-bay who says they are out of it and we are in good standing.  Paypal will not help and justs want us to pay them back!  I have file a complaint with the state attorney generals office.  Is there anyone out there who can offer suggestions ? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Selling Problems

You sold a Thing.

You shipped a Thing.

The payment arrived 10 days later??

Do you mean you shipped before the buyer paid or that you were paid but the payment was Held against your performance?

The buyer requested a Refund.

long after more than reasonable time,

When?

Did the buyer open a Dispute?

EBay found in your favour and no refund was made.

The buyer asked his credit card company for a chargeback.

Paypal refunded the card.

Did you at some point refuse the return and refund?

While you can refuse returns*, you can't refuse refunds.

It is better to get the item back, refund, Block the bidder and relist the unwanted item.

*Sellers of fragile items like china often accept pictures instead of demanding the return of shards.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Selling Problems

You should give PayPal the money.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Selling Problems

Sorry to hear that happened.  Best regards

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Selling Problems

@johnsha5146 wrote:

We are Sellers who have been buying & Selling on Ebay for years (2007?) We have recently sold an electronic to a buyer(clydi-o)? Sent the Item out immediately & were paid  after 10 days from Paypal into our Bank account! We then received a positive Feedback from the Buyer! Seemed all was OK.  Then, long after more than reasonable time, the buyer decided that the item was not what he wanted and requested a refund.  E-bay  decided that the refund was no warranted and I thought the matter was closed.   Then the buyer requested and recieved a refund from his own credit card company.  Now, paypal has wants to be reimbursed from us including fees.  This gives us a negative paypal account.  The buyer has his money back and kept the item.   I have dealt with e-bay who says they are out of it and we are in good standing.  Paypal will not help and justs want us to pay them back!  I have file a complaint with the state attorney generals office.  Is there anyone out there who can offer suggestions ? 

Good. Keep going.  Your buyer stole from you.

1) File a police report about the theft (documents the loss for your taxes).

2) Ask the police to log on and file with eBay's Law Enforcement Portal. https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/law_enforcement.html

3) Call the buyer's local police department.

4) Did you use the USPS?  Then call buyer's local USPS office to report that they have a customer using the USPS in order to engage in fraud (which is a federal crime).

5) Google buyer's name and address.  See what you can find out.  

6) Contact Paypal's fraud department. Give them all the details and see if they'll work with you.  https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-potential-fraud,-spoof-or-unauthorized-t...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Selling Problems

I don't know if there is any information here that will help your situation or not;

Resolving disputes, claims, and chargebacks
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/resolve-disputes

Message 6 of 6
latest reply