cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Request Ebay International Shipping?

Is eBay still onboarding accounts? One of my accounts has been signed up to EIS, while the other has not. Is there a way I can request my account be signed up sooner rather than later?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: How Do I Request Ebay International Shipping?

To request eBay international shipping, follow these steps:

1. Check Seller's Shipping Options: First, ensure that the seller offers international shipping. Not all sellers are willing to ship internationally, so verify this information in the item's listing.

2. Review Shipping Costs: Take note of the shipping costs and estimated delivery time for international shipping. These details should be specified in the listing.

3.  Phengold: If the seller hasn't provided international shipping options, you can contact them directly. Click on "Ask a question" or "Contact seller" on the item's listing page to inquire about international shipping availability.

4. Request a Shipping Quote: If the seller is open to international shipping, you can ask for a shipping quote to your location. Provide your shipping address or country to receive accurate shipping costs.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Hi:

Thanks for your reply, but I am a seller looking to add EIS to the shipping options for my buyers, not a buyer myself.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I am not sure if eBay is still onboarding accounts, initially I thought they were supposed to be done by early July. I believe you can opt into the program by simply reversing the opt out process. It may take a day for the EIS to be applied to your current listings. 

1. Go to My eBay and select Account.
  2. Select Shipping preferences.
  3. Select Show on the right-hand side of the Shipping Preferences section.
  4. Select EIS or however it is indicated  on the right-hand side of eBay International Shipping.
  5. Select Done.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

That's the thing. I don't see any EIS option in my shipping preferences. Here is what I see:

screenshot.png

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

There is not a shipping service shown??

dbfolks166mt_0-1690457514717.png

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@watch_dials wrote:

That's the thing. I don't see any EIS option in my shipping preferences.

What do you see if you go to the listing form itself and scroll down to the Shipping section? I'm wondering if you might have already been quietly opted-in, despite the lack of an announcement (especially if you were already sent the announcement for a different selling ID).

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

No.  😔

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@watch_dials wrote:

That's the thing. I don't see any EIS option in my shipping preferences.

What do you see if you go to the listing form itself and scroll down to the Shipping section? I'm wondering if you might have already been quietly opted-in, despite the lack of an announcement (especially if you were already sent the announcement for a different selling ID).

Inside a listing , I don't see anything labeled Ebay International Shipping (or EIS) in the international shipping options. In my acount that *HAS* been opted in, I see this:

screenshot.png

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

No.  

Bummer, there has to be a way to do this but I have searched the help files and this forum and found nothing. I would reach out to eBay through the facebook connection and find out how you do this. It has to be a capability that sellers can use since even after eBay finishes the transition new sellers and or old sellers that originally opt'ed out of the program may want to enter the program. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Bummer, there has to be a way to do this but I have searched the help files and this forum and found nothing.

Yeah, I searched too before coming here. They sure don't make it easy! I'll reach out to the Facebook or Twitter customer service channels and see what they suggest. . . .

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Bummer, there has to be a way to do this but I have searched the help files and this forum and found nothing.

Yeah, I searched too before coming here. They sure don't make it easy! I'll reach out to the Facebook or Twitter customer service channels and see what they suggest. . . .

Please return and let us know what you find out. It could benefit others wanting to join the program. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Please return and let us know what you find out. It could benefit others wanting to join the program. 

Will do. I just sent a DM to the Twitter support team. Fingers crossed. . . .

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@watch_dials wrote:

Will do. I just sent a DM to the Twitter support team. Fingers crossed. . . .

Received this fairly automated response. No answer as to whether there was a way to request to be onboarded sooner:

Thanks for your message and interest to use eBay International shipping program. We are enrolling eligible sellers into the program in phases. And all eligible sellers will be enrolled into the program ideally by the end summer 2023. This is an automated process and there is nothing you need to do. As long as you are eligible you will be enrolled automatically!

I was surprised to learn they haven't completed the rollout yet.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Ebay changed the date.  Now everyone will be signed up by Sept 1.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply