cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Rates

Hey USPS hasn't mentioned anything about a holiday rate this year have they?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Holiday Rates

I don’t think they will be doing holiday increases this year per Postmaster General’s Louis Dejoy.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Holiday Rates

@iamalwaysright wrote:

No peak season surcharge this year.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2023/0919-usps-ready-to-deliver-for-america-during...

Look for price changes in January per usual.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Holiday Rates

I posted it a couple weeks ago, Dejoy has raised rates so much they don't need many extra people, that and the board finally denied it, Finally

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Holiday Rates

If we don't get SALES, You don't need to worry about USPS!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Holiday Rates

I was at my normally very busy post office on Thursday to drop off some packages. It was like a ghost town except for the 4 workers behind the counter just talking to each other. I was like where is everyone and their reply was: Good Question 🤔

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Holiday Rates

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@iamalwaysright wrote:

No peak season surcharge this year.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2023/0919-usps-ready-to-deliver-for-america-during...

Look for price changes in January per usual.

At least next year come January they won't be able to say "prices have lowered" to announce their January prices.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Holiday Rates

@iamalwaysright wrote:

At least next year come January they won't be able to say "prices have lowered" to announce their January prices.

Yeah, that was unique to last year because they extended the holiday surcharge through January instead of ending it day after Christmas.

I'm surprised they're raising stamps again. They just raised them in July. They want to raise insurance and sig conf again. Raise Media Mail again by approx 4%. These are services they typically raise in the Summer.

They are considering adding price categories of quarter, half, and three-quarter pound increments to the current destination entry pricing under Parcel Select AKA Ground Advantage. That will be interesting if implemented.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply