cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Prep

I've been photographing Christmas items for the past two days and now I can't get all the carols out of my head.

On the plus side I'm staying pretty close to the listing calendar I set for myself.

Where do you stand with your holiday prep?

fa la la la la

Good night and good luck
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Holiday Prep

Mine are going up as well and sold a few already. Needed something to try and generate more sales. Happy Holidays.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

It's going up.......Halloween has been selling for past 2 wks for both of us.....

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I've sold some Halloween and Christmas fabrics recently.   I have a few Christmas ornaments that I could list, but haven't done so yet. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I list holiday stuff all year 🙂 and it sells all year 🙂

But I did just pick up some New stuff this month ... it's all listed already. If I get more, ill list more 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

As a buyer (only), I will buy autumn, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all year long. You can have your crummy Valentine's Day and Labor Day and everything in between. Give me fall and winter!

I have my fall decorations up, I've packaged up the Halloween gifts for relatives in other states, and I've wrapped up all the "cozy mysteries" I give to my friends every year. You know, the ones you can read in one rainy afternoon . . .

So get to posting all those holiday items so I can buy, buy, buy!
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I've been thinking about photoing and listing holiday stuffs; does that count ?

Oh, look at the clock.  Must get ready for tee time in an hour. sunglasses

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I usually start listing Christmas stuff in July (Christmas in July sale!!), and in August I focus on fall and Halloween listings. Seasonal products are already selling well. Since many of my customers are crafters, I know they want to be working on projects well ahead of the holidays, and I'm here to help. 🙂

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

remember this  - When it is June in January, you probably are in Rio De Janeiro.

Recall once i sold a pair of sandal to  a person in Alaska during January.  I had to ask why they bought them, their reply was they were going to Rio.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Ordered more Priority boxes, bought pool noodles on end of season sale for 25 cents each, will review other shipping supply needs this week. Listing---and selling----Holiday stuff. Trying to get better organized to improve listing and shipping flow.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

I've been thinking about photoing and listing holiday stuffs; does that count ?

Oh, look at the clock.  Must get ready for tee time in an hour. sunglasses

Smiley LOL

I need to drag my crates full of holiday stuff out of my shed but it's 112 degrees in there. lol

Sure hope I didn't pack any candles in outside boxes 😉

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:
Ordered more Priority boxes, bought pool noodles on end of season sale for 25 cents each, will review other shipping supply needs this week. Listing---and selling----Holiday stuff. Trying to get better organized to improve listing and shipping flow.

How do you package pool noodles, or are they for your own use?

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

S/he uses them for packing material as an alternative to bubble wrap or whatever! Clever person!
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@pburn wrote:
S/he uses them for packing material as an alternative to bubble wrap or whatever! Clever person!

Me too 🙂

I use them to protect stemware when packing 🙂

Thing is ... they aren't really ever out of season here in Florida ... so the moving sales is where to find them.

The Dollar stores and Big Lots used to sell the cases (36 in a case) ... now they will only sell you singles LOL

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Watch out when buying used pool noodles in Florida. There have been several instances of snakes making cosy homes of them. Just saying...lol

Message 15 of 17
latest reply