cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden fees with no notice

How is it that Ebay just decides to change their "good until canceled" policy on free listing fees without notice. Hidden in the payment activity are a ton of deductions for listing fees . These listing were part of the good until canceled and they have altered the statement online without notice. The payment system is set up so they can quietly steal from their sellers and they make it hidden so unless you review all payment activity it does not show anywhere.  THIS IS FRAUD!

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Hidden fees with no notice

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@lcbohmy3760 wrote: .... The new fees and payment policies are having me remove listings .... 

You definitely should remove the excess listings.  Tomorrow you'll get your 250 new insertions for September, so you can decide which 250 listings to keep. Then end the others before their rollover dates.

reposted for emphasis........

then...get a new attorney for business decisions.......

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Thank you..I understand the policy.  Usually if some type of fee is going to be charged, in the past..there would be a notification. I  thought my total funds were not correct and went back 2 months to find a string of fees listed that I had no idea about. The original listings policy did not have the same wording. I'm letting my attorney deal with it.  I have 2 PhDs and a genius IQ being tested with chemo...but I am still aware of changes being slipped into wording. I appreciate your feedback😇❤️

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760 wrote:

I am well aware that I get 250 free listings per month. I own a brick and mortar storefront, but chose to keep my Ebay listings as personal.  I was offered the good until canceled listings ...and did not cancel the listings..yet after months...many months...all of a sudden I have deductions for listing fees for listings that were part of the "good until canceled " and have never been cancelled.  My attorney said it's fraud. By the way..I have a screenshot of the original policy and it did not say fees for listing would renew monthly.

@lcbohmy3760, I'm sorry, but there must be a misunderstanding. Would you please share your screenshot, because I think there must be a mistake.

I tracked down the original announcement, when eBay changed all fixed-price listings to be Good 'til Cancelled. It stated then, in the original announcement, that an insertion fee would be charged each time the listing was renewed (every 30 days at that time), unless you had free-insertion-fee listings available.

This caused a lot of controversy at the time, because listings that were either started or renewed early in the month, could potentially renew twice in one month ... eBay changed them within a few months so that they renewed once a month, instead of every 30 days, to avoid this.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2019-early

lacemaker3_0-1693509793905.png

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I'm sorry..my attorney has it and does not want it shared. And he has told me to end the conversation.  I'm very sorry.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760 wrote:

I am well aware that I get 250 free listings per month. My attorney said it's fraud. By the way..I have a screenshot of the original policy and it did not say fees for listing would renew monthly.

Your attorney would be wrong. Think about firing him. Ebay specifically says your get 250 FREE listings. Anything over that you pay for each listing. How did you just now know this when GTC has been around for a couple years ?

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760, OK, I understand.

I wish you all the best.  I do understand what you have been through.

Please be sure to share the link and screenshot from my last post with your attorney. It's something that he needs to be aware of.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Thank you ..I will but he's very aware. He's also my husband. 

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Good until Cancelled doesn't mean free until cancelled on all of your listings. My suggestion? It's probably less expensive for you to open the basic store. https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/payments-and-fees/subscriptions-and-fees#recos-reqs. $21.95 monthly for an annual fee and 1,000 free listings. 

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760 wrote:

Thank you ..I will but he's very aware. He's also my husband. 

@lcbohmy3760 

Oops... don't fire the husband. But do show him @lacemaker3's post. I've never seen it any other way, either.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Thanks, @mtgraves7984 

That's why I think this must be a misunderstanding.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote: ... It's probably less expensive for you to open the basic store. ...  $21.95 monthly for an annual fee and 1,000 free listings. 

BUT signing up for the $21.95 annual rate means that if they cancel before the 12 months is up,  there's an "Early termination fee."  If you decide to try out a store subscription, sign up at the month-to-month rate ($27.95), at first.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Well that's true for any store subscription. I provided a link for them to look at. 

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

True; but I figured this particular poster might benefit from having it pointed out to them, since they don't seem interested in researching eBay policies (even if a link is provided), especially the details of a TOS.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply