cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden fees with no notice

How is it that Ebay just decides to change their "good until canceled" policy on free listing fees without notice. Hidden in the payment activity are a ton of deductions for listing fees . These listing were part of the good until canceled and they have altered the statement online without notice. The payment system is set up so they can quietly steal from their sellers and they make it hidden so unless you review all payment activity it does not show anywhere.  THIS IS FRAUD!

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hidden fees with no notice

@lcbohmy3760,

What do you think has changed with the free listing policy?

You don't get free relistings on good 'til canceled listings, unless you have free listings available. You don't have a store, so you only get 250 free listings each month; after that, you get charged a listing fee each time a listing rolls over. This happens every month, so you have been charged for relisting all listings after the 250th one each month.

Good 'til canceled listings have always worked like that. They relist each month, on the same day each month. Today is the 31st, so all of your listings have now relisted for this month. I guess that is why you have just noticed this.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

lacemaker3_0-1693505301268.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

@lcbohmy3760 wrote:

How is it that Ebay just decides to change their "good until canceled" policy on free listing fees without notice. Hidden in the payment activity are a ton of deductions for listing fees . These listing were part of the good until canceled and they have altered the statement online without notice.

You will need to explain exactly what happened.

I see you have 819 active listings, so unless you have a store subscription that gives you at least 819 free insertions, you will be charged  for any listings you create or that renew past 250 each month.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Good until cancelled means the listings are relisted when they end and you are charged the applicable fees, free if you have an available promotion or available listings on a store subscription or the applicable listing fee.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

eBay's policy on how they charge for "Good until canceled" listings has not changed.  Each listing rolls over every month (originally every 30 days; now, on the same date as originally listed). When it rolls over it will use up one of your free insertions if available.  That's how it has always worked.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760,

What do you think has changed with the free listing policy?

You don't get free relistings on good 'til canceled listings, unless you have free listings available. You don't have a store, so you only get 250 free listings each month; after that, you get charged a listing fee each time a listing rolls over. This happens every month, so you have been charged for relisting all listings after the 250th one each month.

Good 'til canceled listings have always worked like that. They relist each month, on the same day each month. Today is the 31st, so all of your listings have now relisted for this month. I guess that is why you have just noticed this.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

lacemaker3_0-1693505301268.png

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

"...Hidden in the payment activity are a ton of deductions for listing fees..."

If they are in your payment activity, they are not 'hidden'.....

maybe hidden in plain sight.....

and the "good until cancelled" policy is really spelled out quite succinctly.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

I am well aware that I get 250 free listings per month. I own a brick and mortar storefront, but chose to keep my Ebay listings as personal.  I was offered the good until canceled listings ...and did not cancel the listings..yet after months...many months...all of a sudden I have deductions for listing fees for listings that were part of the "good until canceled " and have never been cancelled.  My attorney said it's fraud. By the way..I have a screenshot of the original policy and it did not say fees for listing would renew monthly.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760 wrote:

I am well aware that I get 250 free listings per month. I own a brick and mortar storefront, but chose to keep my Ebay listings as personal.  I was offered the good until canceled listings ...and did not cancel the listings..yet after months...many months...all of a sudden I have deductions for listing fees for listings that were part of the "good until canceled " and have never been cancelled.  My attorney said it's fraud.

"Good Till Canceled" does not mean "Free Til Canceled". IMHO you are mistaken, and so is your attorney.

Do you have a store subscription that gives you more than 250 free insertions per month?

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760 wrote:

How is it that Ebay just decides to change their "good until canceled" policy on free listing fees without notice. Hidden in the payment activity are a ton of deductions for listing fees . These listing were part of the good until canceled and they have altered the statement online without notice. The payment system is set up so they can quietly steal from their sellers and they make it hidden so unless you review all payment activity it does not show anywhere.  THIS IS FRAUD!

@lcbohmy3760

Wow - I dread to think how much money you have spent on relistings with 800+ items for sale - I guess that would be a .35 cent fee on everything above 250? - Thats about $200 a month in listing fees - You say you never noticed this before? I'm pretty sure this is the way it has been since the started the Good Until Canceled program...You definitely need a "Store" if you are going to continue to sell here...Wow

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760 wrote:

I am well aware that I get 250 free listings per month. ....  I was offered the good until canceled listings ...and did not cancel the listings.....

You don't get 250 new listings each month. You get 250 free basic insertions each month, which can be used for new listings, OR for relists, OR when a Good Until Canceled listing rolls over.  You and your attorney have simply misinterpreted the term "Good until canceled". Read the eBay terms, which are clear to all of the other posters on this thread.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

By the way..I have a screenshot of the original policy and it did not say fees for listing would renew monthly.

@lcbohmy3760 

I'd like to see that. I've never known eBay not to charge on 'Good til Cancelled' relists.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I am keeping this part personal. I am a cancer patient and the person who will handle my estate will have her hands full with my brick and mortar storefront. The new fees and payment policies are having me remove listings because I'm losing money. After 24 years in business I can't afford to lose what pays for my medical treatments...so I will remove them or sell on another platform. I have been with Ebay since the early days in the late 1990s. I left because of certain issues which they have corrected...and they have made international selling..much , much easier. There are improvements.  But items that I sell for a few dollars are now costing me more to list than what I make so...it's a toss up. 

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760 wrote:

My attorney said it's fraud.

Fire that attorney, if this is true.  They're inept.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760 

You seem to have misunderstood the GTC policy. 

Sellers get 250 free listings per month.

GTC means that you don't have to relist an item after 30 days - it will automatically renew. But each time a listing renews, it counts as one of the 250.

Each listing over 250 or listings that are in more than one category will cost $.35 each. So for 800+ listings, you are being charged 35 cents x 550 - you don't pay for the first 250. 

But those fees are NOT hidden! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@lcbohmy3760 wrote: .... The new fees and payment policies are having me remove listings .... 

You definitely should remove the excess listings.  Tomorrow you'll get your 250 new insertions for September, so you can decide which 250 listings to keep. Then end the others before their rollover dates.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply