cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a Trading Assistant in the Newcastle upon Tyne area in the North East ,

I'm looking for a professional eBay Trading Assistant to sell my ladies fashion items & footwear in the Newcastle upon Tyne area of the North East. There is a LOT of top named high street fashion retail stock as I used to have a fashion store. Pls get in touch ASAP

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a Trading Assistant in the Newcastle upon Tyne area in the North East ,

Hi @porscha63,

You have posted this on the eBay USA community by mistake ... we aren't sure why members from the UK tend to end up here, but it happens every so often.

In the USA, eBay ended their Trading Assistant program years ago, because it wasn't used enough to be worth the continued support. Unfortunately, most clients were not willing to pay enough to make it worth while for most good sellers to participate ... so there tended to be some dissatisfaction on both sides of the equation. Off-the-rack clothing, even (or especially) high end, is extremely saturated, and there isn't a lot of profit margin available to be shared.

I expect it was probably the same in the UK. If you want to continue looking into this, you should ask on the eBay UK community:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/bd-p/27

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@porscha63 

You are posting on the US board..........I'm guessing you probably mean  to post in the UK......

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You are in the UK.  You are posting on the US board.

Here in the US, eBay did away with the Trading Assistant Program because it failed, as did the next one they tried, called eBay Valet.  Selling for others has a great many problems and pitfalls.

And, as an aside, clothing is a super-saturated  category on eBay.

-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Clothing is saturated, Jewelry is saturated, Sneakers are saturated, watches are saturated. What is not saturated?  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@porscha63 

As others have pointed out, you are posting on the US community discussion forum.  You may be better served by logging out of ebay.com and logging back into ebay.com/uk and then go to the link I'm providing for you:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion/ct-p/13

Good luck with getting the help you need. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@luxgoods wrote:

Clothing is saturated, Jewelry is saturated, Sneakers are saturated, watches are saturated. What is not saturated?  

Hmmm...  But clothing seems super-duper-uber saturated, at least it does to me.  I've said before that it looks like half the population of the US is selling clothing which was donated to thrift shops by the other half of the population.  🙂 

Still, I know that experienced sellers like you and like chapeau-noir, with good quality and name-brand apparel which is well presented, can find customers.

-

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Perhaps check into some consignment shops in your area.

There is a LOT of red tape and gotchas selling on eBay for another person. Too much to stomach for most sellers.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 8
latest reply