cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again with those infamous RARE corningware listings

By now everyone knows that the makers of Pyrex, Corningware and Instapot have filed for bankruptcy. 

Screenshot_20230616_062538_Chrome~2.jpg

 So now the listings are appearing for our amusement such as..

Screenshot_20230616_062332_eBay~2.jpg

 This Rare casserole dish is only the tip of some nutty listings. One 19 piece set is Rare again, is selling for $35k! 

I would love to contact these sellers for giggles and have them explain why are these mass produced items so rare?  Did the Queen own them? Did they come from the Queens kitchen? Were these pieces featured in a famous movie? Did I see that movie?

Any given time our Thrift store receives Corningware by the box full, we slap $3 or $5 bucks on it and move it. I can open my cupboard right now and count 11 pieces of this Rare stuff!

To these sellers with these "over the moon" prices on Corningware, putting RARE in your title makes you look silly and uninformed about your item.   

Mass produced kitchen bakeware such as Cornflower blue pattern is still abundantly found as millions were made and still being used.

When I go to work today at the Thrift, I'll be on the lookout for these RARE Corningware dishes. I'm in the mood to go on a nice long vacation with the money they will bring!!!

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

this trend should have died the day it started, there are some corningware that is valueable but it's not corn flower blue / white for sure, that's the most produced of them all. Granted in the land of where people willing to pay it, but I really don't think anyone will when you can buy them used for like $1. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 52 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

I still have some corning ware that my mom gave me years ago.  I could be rich!! 😆 lol

Thanks for sharing as always. 

PS Congrats to those Knights! Great series!  🏑

Message 2 of 67
latest reply

Well said.

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

After much diligent research, have determined that the "rare" Corningware is the Housewares category version of the "rare" Beanie Babies.

I also have a considerable number of those "rare" pieces, mostly that Spice Of Life pattern.  When my daughter married in 1977, the majority of her shower gifts were those pieces.  Unfortunately for her, she did not really like the pattern that much, so I traded her my Cornflower ones for those.  If I wanted more, could be easily found, as mentioned here, at just about any TS for $3-8 or so.  

For a joke, considered gifting about 8 pieces of TS-sourced at a recent bridal shower.  Seems like it should set the young couple up for their very first mini-mansion.  

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

Thank you for expressing exactly how I feel about these listings and it's not limited to Corning Ware but found in many categories. It's unbelievable that someone actually took the bait and paid $2442 for that 2 qt style dish.

Message 5 of 67
latest reply

But do we know that the buyer actually paid? Or was this perhaps a good pal of the seller who wanted to jump start his sales of the Corning Ware, like doing a favor for a good buddy? 

Message 6 of 67
latest reply

I like the one that says benefits charity!

$15,000 and $29.95 shipping cost. 

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

Well if your going to stock up I can help. I have both the coffee pots, electric and stove top. The recalled ones that the handles can fall off of.  A must to complete a "rare" set.

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals 

I believe their wallet may be the charity...lol😆

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

@ckimodog 

We're all going to be rich! Wow I had no idea about the rarity  of Corningware,  and thanks for the VGK kudos,  parade is tomorrow. 

Thanks for your post.

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

Does anyone think that maybe some of these charities are not legit even though they provided documents to eBay for verification?

Message 11 of 67
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

Couldn't agree more. I work with a lady in her 80s, she still has her entire set of Cornflower blue that she received as a wedding present and uses it. Wait till I tell her she's sitting on a gold mine!!

Thanks for posting Soh.

Message 12 of 67
latest reply

@murph1727 

Yeah, wait for that buyer to have remorse and do a chargeback after they find the same item in GW for $8 bucks!

Thanks for posting!

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals 

Me to, the Charity is probably the seller! 😆 For $15k I would drive it to the buyer, seeing that it's  RARE and all, 😆 🤣 

Thanks for posting!

Message 14 of 67
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

HEY! 

I am a RARE find. 😄 😄

But nobody wants to pay me a fortune though . 🤣

Message 15 of 67
latest reply