cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto parts search problem

I have some antique car parts to sell and an attempting to search completed auctions to get an idea of what sold prices are.

when I search for say 1940 Ford fender I will get 2000 plus returns, 99 percent having nothing to do with 1940 fords. A later date search may turn up around 500 results, of which a dozen or so relate to 1940 Fords.

if a result with 2000 returns is seen by a buyer, they would have to scroll through dozens of pages to find anything like they were searching for. I imagine that might cause some potential bidders to give up.

Are these type of search results now normal?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I understand how you feel.

It's pretty normal.

Keyword spamming is a part of the problem. Sellers include 100's of unrelated words in the listing.

I searched with 1940 Ford "fender".  453 results. Scrolled just a bit, and there is the CORVAIR emblem. Seller "keyword spamming" in violation of eBay policy. Seems the seller does that on many listings.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Once you do your search of 1940 Ford Fender, narrow down the search by using the categories on the left side of the page by picking used and fender; 1940 Ford front fender in Parts & Accessories for sale | eBay

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'm far from a auto parts expert but if there is a part number for that 1940 ford fender, you may want to try and search via part number.  I think it will give you a more accurate result. 

Example:

Honda EU220 air filter

vs.

Honda 17211-Z07-000

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 4
latest reply