cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...What's The Deal With Selling Limits?

I've been listing without restrictions for a long time. In fact, I've never had to limit the amount of listings I generate. All of a sudden I'm being restricted from listing. The only change to my account has been a recent update I had to do to give them a tax identification number. And to complete that process, I had to update and verify my checking account, even though I've been using the same bank account all along for payments, etc.  Could this update have turned me, in ebay's eyes, into a "new" seller?

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Help...What's The Deal With Selling Limits?

@gagojure 

Hi there-

It looks like you've been a continual seller throughout the year.  Did you just sign on to managed payments in the last few months? Have you had any claims filed from the buyer?  I'm not understanding why you've been restricted either.  I would tell you contact customer service, but that would be futile. They are zero help in most cases.

You can ask every 30 days to have your limits increased.  This is all I can advise.  

Hope things work out for you.  

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Thank you...I'm actually on the phone with them now...but not really getting anywhere.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I've seen a couple other identical posts this week from other sellers. It's impossible to know what eBay is stirring this time.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

It's really silly...they requested an updatye for a tax id number. I provided that. And now all kinds of selling/listing problems. I don't think their system can recognize old sellers from new sellers at all.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Hey-

If you don't get any answers from them, try to contact Ebay through Social Media on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

These are US CS reps who actually work for Ebay.  The others are contracted labor and most are overseas.

There has been many posts here on the community forum with their ability to be helpful with solving seller issues.  

Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.  

Good luck. 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

@gagojure wrote:

I've been listing without restrictions for a long time. In fact, I've never had to limit the amount of listings I generate. All of a sudden I'm being restricted from listing. The only change to my account has been a recent update I had to do to give them a tax identification number. And to complete that process, I had to update and verify my checking account, even though I've been using the same bank account all along for payments, etc.  Could this update have turned me, in ebay's eyes, into a "new" seller?

Are you saying you never had any selling limits before, and that eBay imposed them for the first time?

Or did you have selling limits before, and eBay has now lowered them?

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Hang up the phone. You're wasting your time.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Never had selling limits...been on here for 23 Years. Just updating a tax id number and re-verifying my bank account that I've been using since managed payments started, has thrown the whole system "wonky"!

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Looking at his completed sales for the last month, it doesn't appear he had any previous restriction.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Yes, as I said...Never had selling limits...been on here for 23 Years. Just updating a tax id number and re-verifying my bank account that I've been using since managed payments started, has thrown the whole system "wonky"!

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

UPDATE: I was successful in getting my selling limit lifted. Had to answer some irrelevant questions ask from the man in another country, but it got resolved...Now, however, they are still withholding my payouts until they can verify my bank account...You know...THE ONE I'VE BEEN USING SINCE MANAGED PAYMENTS STARTED!

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@gagojure 

Get hold of the last link I told you about.  They are more likely to resolve your problems entirely:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Hmm

From your post: you had to update your tax info; Such if it is not the same exactly as your registration info will cause this.

Were you moved to Manged payments during this: or is this an update on yours taxation info??

Will the OP return or not???

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Sounds good on the surface, but they will generally tell you exactly what you want to hear. They also have no power to lift restrictions or anything else important. As suggested, use eBay on Facebook when/if you find out the restrictions are still there. Good luck.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply