cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! It's 'offensive' but I can't see how!

I'm trying to sell 6 enamel pin badges, all of which are elsewhere on ebay individually, all of which I can't think why they'd be offensive! Yet ebay won't let me go ahead with the listing. Can anyone give me an idea as to why? I've got no idea what to modify to satisfy the regulations, which I'm happy to do. These are the badges:

Honda (logo)
Kawasaki (logo)
The Piston Broke Club 
2 different styles of RAC & Auto-Cycle Union Training Scheme: Graduate 
AJS Matchless Owners Club England
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Since I can’t tell why by just the names of the products. I can only assume something about the images were offensive to some folks and they, through reporting, had them removed. 
There’s nothing to modify once you’ve had listings taken down you are now on eBay’s radar. Relisting will not turn out well so don’t do it. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It might be the category they are in? I assume you have not even been able to start a listing? Sometimes it is only ONE word that stops the listing. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@faultymongoose 

Sorry for your situation.  Someone may have reported them as "offensive" or perhaps the images were offensive...who knows?   Bottom line....if eBay removed them, it is not a good idea to try to relist them as you can jeopardize your account.  Let it go & sell something else.

Happy Holidays.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@faultymongoose wrote: ...  all of which are elsewhere on ebay individually, all of which I can't think why they'd be offensive! Yet ebay won't let me go ahead with the listing....

Sometimes the bots are very literal, and object to words or phrases which seem innocuous to us, sometimes because they have been told to ignore punctuation and spaces. They will block terms like "The pen is great" or "I wish it was bigger."  If your items are available individually, then it's probably not the item names but something else in your descriptive text.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I agree that the bots can be pretty strange. I listed a coin from a no-longer extant country and mentioned the ruler's name (I forget what it was but the first name was Ahmed) I was blocked because they assumed it was from Iran (subject to restrictions), took the name out and no problem. 

A thought, try groups of 2 or 3 pins. Perhaps you can narrow down the problem!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Is anyone else selling them? Then you have competition. And you were reported by competition perhaps.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@worldcoinauctions wrote:

I agree that the bots can be pretty strange. I listed a coin from a no-longer extant country and mentioned the ruler's name (I forget what it was but the first name was Ahmed) I was blocked because they assumed it was from Iran (subject to restrictions), took the name out and no problem. 

A thought, try groups of 2 or 3 pins. Perhaps you can narrow down the problem!

Sounds like when my 5 Rial banknotes from Oman got taken down because they use Rials in Iran. I tried calling and discussing with them that Oman and Iran are different countries, but I was told since they sort of sound the same and both come from the middle east, they'd better remove the Oman banknotes just to be safe because the US government says... I got on FB and the agent there removed the violation, but I didn't relist the banknotes because the bots are dumb.

C.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I shipped an order today which included a pin from a a fraternal organization. I think the bots flipped out when they read "eye bank" in my title, reminding me that hazardous materials must be shipped using appropriate precautions.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply