cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have your sales after Labor Day been horrific????

Mine has just been 2 and yours?

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Have your sales after Labor Day been horrific????

HURRICANES "happened".

Shipping is not an entitlement, it's a convenience.
Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
All Customers have a need,
Some are more needy than others.
Message 16 of 49
latest reply

YES- never seen it so slow.

Message 17 of 49
latest reply

I have never been this slow.  4 days since any sales and I consistently ship items daily.  It's like someone turned off the lights in my store.  What is painful is this is my second income. Not for fun money but survival money. But I guses I will just take a much needed break from shipping but still focus on listing.  Good luck to all.  Thank you for sharing, nice to hear I am not alone.  

Message 18 of 49
latest reply

@samurai_bear wrote:

July was awesome, August about 30% less, September is criminal. One a day, if i am lucky, yet my competitor sells same items for about 25% higher price than mine, and they are making a killing.

Our listings are identical, only difference is they have more feedback. I offer same day shipping, they offer two days handling, but still, buyers buy from them rather than me. I am puzzled, so i decided no more price slashing nor sales, i am gonna keep my prices up. I think ebay tends to push sellers with more feedback, which is unfair. I go out of my freaking way to keep buyers happy, even to the point where i answer their questions at 3 am!

I don't think being an awesome, caring seller gets much rewarded by ebay these days 😞

Are you aware that ebay drops listings that are GTC in search results after they have been on ebay continually for about 6 months to a year.  If you just list and then do nothing but slash prices once in awhile, they may not ever be seen in search.  End and restart them once in awhile and see what happens.

(*Bleep*)
Message 19 of 49
latest reply

Pretty bad actually, made one sale on July 13 then nothing until Aug 12 (I had to file an unpaid item on it but did eventually get paid).

Not a thing since then.

Nothing to do but keep trying and I DO need to list some new items when time permits so I am to blame.

Best of luck to you and to us all, especially those in the hurricane affected areas.

Message 20 of 49
latest reply

Also, ebay gives a bump to listings that are selling.  I regularly see sales of mq listings priced significantly higher than mine and those of almost everyone else.  Those listings are being seen.

I've seen it happen with my own mq listings; sell one or two and then all of a sudden sell the remainder.  I got the bump for the initial sale(s).

Ebay is all about what have you done for me lately?

Since I'm heavily into seasonal collectible items right now, I'm holding my own.  They are the kinds of things people search for specifically.   Sales could be much better, of course, but they aren't inexpensive items and they aren't "necessities."  

Someone else said it; you can't discount the fact that a very large segment of the population is not buying right now because they have been slammed by catastrophes.  I'm waiting for the bank (in Florida) to return a co-endorsed $$,$$$ check from my insurance company for a new roof; I am soooo glad I am that I filed that claim over three weeks ago.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 21 of 49
latest reply

I constantly reslist all my listings. I never let them get past 30 days. That doesn't help. Funny how my competitor who is located in Cali doesn't have this problem...

Message 22 of 49
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

@cupidsandcherubs3 wrote:

Mine has just been 2 and yours?

I can't see any rhyme or reason. One week up a lot next week down. I'm in a down right now, just waiting for the up. It seems to work itself out though.

Jeepers....I just may be changing my mind???

Message 23 of 49
latest reply

I'm on the upswing into my "busy season", Thanksgiving  😉

It's looking to be a good one 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 24 of 49
latest reply

@cupidsandcherubs3 wrote:

Have your sales after Labor Day been  horrific????

No. 

Message 25 of 49
latest reply

The worst 2 weeks ever, looking into other ways to sell. we cant continue like this.  Does anyone recommend any other platforms? Instagram, Amazon, etc?

Our downward slope hit about the same time as yours - maybe the recent hurricanes but I wonder if we are being "punished" for not opting in to guarantted delivery or something like that.

Message 26 of 49
latest reply

That is exactly what i am thinking. I started clicking little X when ebay is nudging me to enroll, and all of a sudden, i don't have a business any longer. I started a thread on this subject, but people seem to think these two events are not connected. I, on another hand, do. Knowing how ruthless ebay plays, everything is possible.
Message 27 of 49
latest reply

Yes, but they have been way down since early-mid August, so I don't think it is just Irma/Harvey.  Even though this is a difficult time to sell, I usually manage to do decently, but this year has been just bad.  Not sure what is in the water- maybe more people moving to Amazon for their buying?   Hopefully things will pick up when the weather cools down (as a clothing seller)

Message 28 of 49
latest reply

@superaliepi wrote:

Yes, but they have been way down since early-mid August, so I don't think it is just Irma/Harvey.  Even though this is a difficult time to sell, I usually manage to do decently, but this year has been just bad.  Not sure what is in the water- maybe more people moving to Amazon for their buying?   Hopefully things will pick up when the weather cools down (as a clothing seller)

If you are a clothing seller, you should have your fall and winter clothing up NOW.  My sales of fall and winter sweaters, coats and flannels shirts started the middle of August.  By the time the weather cools down, no one wants to wait 5 days to get a coat.

(*Bleep*)
Message 29 of 49
latest reply

I almost never complain about slow sales.  But man...the last couple weeks have been brutal.  One lousy sale this whole week for $20.  I'm starting to list elsewhere now.  I have to.

Message 30 of 49
latest reply