cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has there been a change to which messages eBay sends through e-mail?

Has eBay changed which message they send to your e-mail and which they don’t? Is anybody else noticing that important messages are not being sent to e-mail?

Over the past couple of weeks here’s a history of what’s been sent to my e-mail and what hasn’t. No- there is nothing in my e-mail’s spam filter. Yes- my communication preferences are set up so that I should have received all of the below via e-mail.

COPY NOT SENT TO E-MAIL-
Feb 19- List up to 500 items as fixed price or auction-style for free
Feb 24- 8% Bucks to brighten you up
Feb 26- See what’s new in your Spring Seller Update
Feb 27- Introducing new features on managed payments
March 5- Your eBay seller protections monthly summary
March 9- 5% Bucks in-app. Let the madness begin.

March 9- Save 30% on selling fees when you sell Art & Collectibles

COPY SENT TO E-MAIL-
All “We’ve sent your payout” notices
All buyer messages & offers
All order cancellation and returns notices
Feb 29- please take this survey about your recent listing
March 3- Updates to the eBay User Agreement
March 3- Your eBay invoice for February is now ready to view
March 5- No annual fees with the eBay Mastercard

Also- for what it’s worth- I have a second selling account that didn’t receive notice of the Seller Update at all- not even in eBay messages.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The last week or so, I've noticed messages about items I've looked at or ones that's been relisted showing up in my Ebay messages.

It was bad enough when they sent them to my email, but now my Ebay messages.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Without auditing things, most messages have arrived in email or the message center but not both since the 3rd quarter of 2018. I'm not sure of the reason for the change.
Here is a partial list of unnecessary nonsense messages.
1) Still Interested messages appearing in my email. It makes me reluctant to look at a listing knowing I will get an annoying follow up email. I didn't bid, buy-it-now or add it to my Watch List. Therefore, I couldn't care less about the item. As consumers and taxpayers we need to put a stop to this now before it gets worse. As camera resolution gets higher and facial recognition technology accuracy improves, imagine how many Still Interested messages we will get in a few years for just walking or driving down the street.
2) Watch List reminders that an item is ending soon within the orange bell in the upper right of most screens. If I snooze, then I lose, my loss.
3) Purchase History Updates that an item has shipped or been delivered within the orange bell in the upper right of most screens.
4) Sourcing Recomendations/Items That Will Sell. One had video cards for desktop PC's priced between $300.00 and $1,400.00 dollars. I would guess that demand for Desktop PC Parts has been dwindling since smart phones, tablets, notebooks, Chromebooks and more have been introduced. Where could I get those cards to resell? Expensive electric welders. 1982 Michael Jordan tennis shoes. If eBay sent that message to a million sellers, ten thousand of them wasted time going to garage sales and came up empty handed for sure.
5) Now You Can Track Your Return. I have sold 23,000 packages, made 1,400 purchases and received 2 refunds in 19 years. If a buyer tracks their return, they have a serious case of obsessive/compulsive disorder. eBay should not encourage that behavior by sending the message. The tracking number is in the resolution center, etc. for those interested.
6) Your Items Are In Carts or else Your Items Are On Watch Lists. Make The Sale. Lower the price by 5% percent. That 5% percent is 12.5% percent of my take home pay. If eBay was my Partner, they would match half of that discount. I got two messages for 52 weeks late Sunday evening from mid 2018 through mid 2019.
7) You Qualify for Guaranteed Delivery. I am here to sell. Not make losing wagers that the USPS will be late delivering. A lose, lose situation for the seller.
😎 Promoted Listings. Most of the money goes to these other companies like the USPS, eBay, Paypal, the box company and taxes. I get a small slice of the pie. Paying a Promoted Listing percentage of 20% percent would cut my income by half. I have done the math. To preserve my income I would have to increase prices by 29% and then my sales would disappear. Raising my prices by 20% promoted, 9% eBay and Paypal fees (more revenue means more fees). Right.
The point is 20 years into this new century we get bombarded with nonsense spam emails and phone calls.
I would prefer the option to receive no eBay nonsense messages. Time is money.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes.  I rely on e-mail, not on the apps which I cannot access.  I have made no changes to my settings.  I will get a notice that I have a message (pop-up on my iPad), but no longer get the message in my e-mail.  Very frustrating.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

The last week or so, I've noticed messages about items I've looked at or ones that's been relisted showing up in my Ebay messages.

It was bad enough when they sent them to my email, but now my Ebay messages.

That would be really annoying!

@onlinecentral- several- but not all- of the notifications and messages you're describing can be turned off in communication preferences.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply