cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone noticed a big decrease in sales over the last month?

I'm not sure what is going on. I had very consistent sales over the years and currently have had more 0 days of sales than ever. Curious what is going on.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Sales were booming for me during the holidays and slowed down afterwards.

I thought that was normal.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

I had a 13% increase over last year (Dec 22 vs Dec 23) 

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Buyers are under financial stress right now & probably stretching their dollars to take care of day-to-day necessities. However, everything depends on your sales niche. 🙏😎✌️😱

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

as a Buyer I still shop eBay like there's no tmrw... and I have never let or had to allow for most all of the reasons declared for slow sales in these forums....

I'm not rich or made of money by any means... i'm just sayin' school out, school in, blue moon, this holiday, macro this, macro that..... none of that slowed my purchasing here down one bit.

There are Sellers here that have what I want and what I need....so they get my business.  

Provide something Buyers want and the sales are still there.....

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@heidictfl 

Not that every buyer reads descriptions or looks at all the photos.

With that said, many of your items have only 1 photo, maybe 2 and measurements are minimal. Many clothing sellers have 7+ photos per listing (front, back, size tags, content tags, flaws, hems, embellishments) and clothing buyers who actually read, like measurements!

Clothing is a saturated market and people may be drained after the holidays. It’s all about ebb and flow. December people were looking for new, gifts. Now they’re looking for a deal. Maybe repricing items could help? 

Wishing you a prosperous new year 🎉

Kiks

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Sorry to hear that. Mine were higher than normal during the holiday season and then boom, Christmas week is dead, but that is the norm for us. I'm already getting sales for St. Patrick's day and Easter, so there you have it. People buy whenever they want.

I hope that your sales pick up in 2024! Good luck. 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

More new people selling their used stuff here all the time.   More sellers with stuff.

Lots of competition and stuff. 

TOO MUCH STUFF! 

And high shipping costs.

😶

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

"Provide something Buyers want and the sales are still there....."

That's exactly right. 

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

My sales were actually up for 2023 by 33.8% from prior year. I have been on eBay for 22 years & I have been full-time now for 30 months. The key is organized, listing daily & great customer service.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@heidictfl 

January is usually slow, at least that's my experience.  People are financially tapped out from Christmas.  Usually picks up around February.  

Happy Selling.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

I did Very well over the 4th Quarter, & I am up over last year, It surprised me because there was way to much slow time over 2023, But in the end I can't Complain

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

December was a good month for me...so didn't notice anything.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

If only it was just the last month. Mine have been near non-existent for months. I stick to my theory that the send offer option has stifled my sales, anyway. Still get a bunch of watchers but they don't know how to hit that buy button. Watch button works great, FYI!

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Over the last month as in January? Yes my sales dropped after Christmas. Expected.

Over the last month as in the last 30ish days? No, my holiday season was good.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply