cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had eBay tracking data change after case opened?

Just wondering, I have used eBay tracking with relatively positive success. Occasionally I have items not track though to final destination. I won't go down that "tracking" rabbit hole on this correspondence. What I want to talk about is how eBay tracking numbers mysteriously changing after buyer opens case.  When a buyer opens a case the first thing I do is track movement and explain movement in reply to buyers case.  I then will return later to that tracking number and its changed? Suddenly the item I shipped that displayed proper movement now displays no movement? This has happened on me more than once. The most resent time it has happened, someone changed the tracking number by 1 digit. This change reset tracking to no movement. I have undisputable proof. Has this happened to other eBay sellers using eBay tracking. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shipment that displayed proper movement now displays no movement? This has happened to me more than once. Except this time I have undisputable proof  "someone changed the tracking number by 1 digit" which reset tracking to display no movement. Has this happened to other eBay sellers with open cases using eBay tracking? 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Okay thanks for all the replies, this eBay community is great. Just a little follow up, I found out how and why this is happening but since nobody really cares I'll spare y'all the details. Good luck navigating the eBay case resolutions process as a seller, you'll need it. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply