cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardest, Most Frustrating part of Ebay - When tape on roll sticks to itself!

Boy, I just can't stand it when I am packaging items and tape on tape roll gets stuck to itself. So, then you often try hopelessly to find the end and get it unstuck. I know this is earth shaking stuff, but yeah, I hate it. 

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Hardest, Most Frustrating part of Ebay - When tape on roll sticks to itself!

Best tape I ever used is the cheaper brand sold at walmart, not made by scotch etc. Smoothest roll ever. 

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

Re: Hardest, Most Frustrating part of Ebay - When tape on roll sticks to itself!

OMG !  This is funny  but so true. The room turns blue when that happens to me, the naughty words fly!  This reminds me that I need a new tape gun.  Thanks for posting this 

Message 47 of 59
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

Use a tape gun.

We have a "3 day waiting time" to get a gun  😉  😄 😄 😄

I have a simple plastic dispenser that for the most part . . .  works.

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

callahanmagic_1-1666180827180.jpeg

Wife added that to her Wish list!

-

Lucas

”still rollin’ with the punches”

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

We 'love' the walmart rolls that have a tiny piece of the tape extending a tiny bit over the piece of starter paper, so you have to get a razor blade under the paper to lift. My finger tips look like I test for my blood sugar levels. 

One of the best thing we ever bought was a vintage Ketcham & McDougall electric tape dispenser - bought for the long gone comic store - load it, push the button and a pre set amount of tape comes out like magic. And the best part, when you pull off the tape ... it magically reappears. Well really more tape is fed out, but it seems like magic.

You can't imagine how much time it saved when bagging those stinking comics back then or taping a label today.  Still takes ten minutes to get the tape started but after that, magic.

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

Good Morning, and Thank you.. 

Tape rolls are a pain in the butt.  I used rolls for about my first 6 months.  You are so correct about the frustration. After a while I learned to fold over the tape.  Made "zippers" on the boxes.  My wonderful hubby bought me a tape gun.  And no more zippers.  I had folks ask me to put back the zippers.  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 51 of 59
latest reply

You're killing me here because this is a secret fear of mine (mum's the word)!

Several times I've waited to pack when it's close to time for my carrier to come by and then...the awful...the dreaded...the feared event happens - the dang tape end goes flat on the roll and I spend so much time trying to right it that I miss my carrier and have to drive to post...argh!

NOW, I have a little preventive routine I go through every time I use the tape - yeah, it's neurotic, but saves me some grief (and driving to post).

Someone mentioned that they don't make tape like they used to and I agree. I ordered some recently and COULD NOT start any of the rolls to save my life as none had that tab end piece. I struggled with them for 15 minutes, was near tears from frustration, mad as a wet hen, and swear words reverberated from the walls of my home. NEVER in my life have I returned tape, but by gosh I angrily hurled those 6 rolls back in their box of horrors and sent them away from my being.

And then I took some deep breaths, began my day once more, albeit tapeless, and calmly drove to the wonderful world of Wally where tape with tab end starters could be had on aisle 7. And all was well with my soul.

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

Sharing a photo of my method, one which others have already mentioned.

monroe67_0-1666198002155.jpeg

Message 53 of 59
latest reply

Another thing I hate about packing tape: how LOUD it is.

Last time I moved houses I was a little behind and had to keep packing boxes into the night. I was CONVINCED my neighbors could hear the tape and was worried they were going to come knock and tell me to keep it down lol

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 54 of 59
latest reply

Told my wife - no go, after checking on the prices of these babies.  

Back to the tape gun and use the paper clip thingy.

-

Lucas

"still rollin' with the punches"

Message 55 of 59
latest reply

They have doubled in price since I purchased them 2.5 years ago. Then again, everything has. If you want to laugh, look at your purchase history going back as far as you can and how much you paid for items and compare that to what their selling for today. You will see that everything you bought, was a wise investment.

Message 56 of 59
latest reply

LOL, I feel your pain. Had to do that just yesterday!

Message 57 of 59
latest reply

@nocoolnamejane wrote:

Another thing I hate about packing tape: how LOUD it is.

Last time I moved houses I was a little behind and had to keep packing boxes into the night. I was CONVINCED my neighbors could hear the tape and was worried they were going to come knock and tell me to keep it down lol

Totally agree.

Just FYI, there are "quieter" brands like DUCK that stick just as well.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 58 of 59
latest reply

I use a tape gun, but on small packages I pull tape off by hand rather than putting the gun against the package. I hate when I just need a small piece and the tape in my hand wraps around back on itself trapping a finger or two. Instant claustrophobia! I can’t wrestle that tape off my fingers fast enough! I’m the same way with my wedding rings some days, if they don’t have free movement I can’t have them on or my finger feels like it is suffocating.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 59 of 59
latest reply