cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative feedback

I had a person purchase something from me and she had the wrong address on her account. I print all my shipping labels direct from Ebay so it automatically put the address she had on file on the label. Usps sent it back to me because it wasn't the proper address. Long story short, she gives me bad feedback over something that is literally not my fault and was completely out of my control. I contact Ebay to take the negative feedback down but they only take her comment down and they say they cant take the negative feedback rating down. So my score goes from 100% to 95.2% now. Is there anyway to fix this? I cant get ahold of anyone from Ebay on the matter and it is really affecting my sales and its just wrong. Thank you in advance for any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

negative feedback

Keep calling eBay. Be polite but firm, explain the situation and don't take no for an answer. None of the customer service reps have anything resembling consistent training, sometimes you have to call half a dozen times to get someone who knows what they're talking about. I've dealt with this exact situation dozens of times, and am doing so again at the moment. If the buyer states in messages that they provided the wrong address you are covered by seller protection even if most reps don't know what that is.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

Don't contact standard eBay Customer Service and expect to get correct answers or relief. The CS reps there are not eBay employees, and often will tell you anything just to end either the phone call or contact.

The best way to get something like this done is to contact eBay for Business on Facebook, and click on the a message button (do not actually post on their site). You will get actual service from a real eBay employee who has the authority to solve most issues and will tell you the straight scoop.

Until then, you can always add a reply to the buyer's unnecessary feedback and simply say that the item was returned to you due to the buyer giving an incorrect address at checkout. Saying that is short and true. If any potential customers see that, it should not affect your sales until the negative FB gets deleted.

Cheers, Duffy 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

Yes, this is the BEST way.  I have done this, and a complicated issue was resolved in about 1 hour 🙂   they are fantastic.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

The last negative that I see you received is probably too old for a response.  Too bad.  You could have explained about the address and what happened.  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

I need to get better about doing that. I generally leave it for big ticket items given that I feel bad about the message history if I start bugging them too much, but then when I think about the tens of thousands of dollars a year I pay in fees I realize that they can deal with me harassing them every now and then. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

@redline_auto_llc wrote:

I need to get better about doing that. I generally leave it for big ticket items given that I feel bad about the message history if I start bugging them too much, but then when I think about the tens of thousands of dollars a year I pay in fees I realize that they can deal with me harassing them every now and then. 

Hmm don't see a neg now.... Does show 9 revised feedbacks.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

The wording of the neg is gone, but the neg is still there.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

Um? What if I don’t have Facebook. You’re telling me I cannot contact the company. The correct way. Through their own site ?? 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

@maidenru_40 wrote:

Um? What if I don’t have Facebook. You’re telling me I cannot contact the company. The correct way. Through their own site ?? 

You do need a throwaway Facebook account to contact the eBay FB reps - but you do not need to set up a full-blown Facebook page with pictures of the kids birthday parties & ect. Just the minimum necessary to open an account.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

@maidenru_40 wrote:

Yep: That information is correct:

crazy aint it.....

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

Unless there have been problems with a Facebook account in the past, not everything on that platform is ice-cream and birthday posts. For example, a lot of car clubs have Facebook pages as I am sure other clubs etc do too. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

negative feedback

@tcarlson714 

It'll drop off soon so you don't have to worry about it now.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 13
latest reply